Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

All'$ wel that end$ well. Well, for them.

All'$ wel that end$ well. Well, for them.

Old Mar 26th 2013, 6:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All'$ wel that end$ well. Well, for them.

Originally Posted by RubyRose
You use additional sheets of paper, at least that's what I did.
Ditto, that's what I did too. I think it says to do that in the guide doesn't it?
Old Mar 26th 2013, 6:59 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I think its not soo much that we need to add additional items ( like our millions of addresses for example) its the fact that they want you to list your profesional memberships, specifically say not to use abbreviations and then leave a space no bigger than a sideways ant to fill it in!

We printed the forms out with most of the info typed and then I wrote really really small in those cases!
Old Mar 26th 2013, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
I think its not soo much that we need to add additional items ( like our millions of addresses for example) its the fact that they want you to list your profesional memberships, specifically say not to use abbreviations and then leave a space no bigger than a sideways ant to fill it in!

We printed the forms out with most of the info typed and then I wrote really really small in those cases!
I've found this software called PDFescape online. It allows you to change font sizes etc. I think I'm going to go down this route. unless someone can tell me shy this would be unacceptable to CIC.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice

Originally Posted by gb_griffiths
How did you get around issues such as the lack of space in certain fieldds (e.g. professional memberships).

Here is asks you to write the name of the body you are a member of but only gives you 23 characters to do this.

Name of my body v's available characters:
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants

It just does not fit. It says you must not abbreviate. What the hell do you do?
When you run out of room (i.e. too many memberships and not enough rows), then you use additional paper.

If a field is too small (as you appear to be asking about), then I was advised to print the form with all fields filled in electronically that I did have room for, and then hand-write in the specific field you mentioned. I had this issue and did this for the odd field that I simply couldn't fit it in when using the computer. Immigration lawyers that my company hired reviewed this, and had no problem at all.

My forms were sent to the Centralized Intake Office last week, so I can't comment yet whether they'll have an issue, lol :-) However, as other people advised me to do that and the lawyers didn't see a problem, then that's the best advice I can pass on.

Hope this helps,

Graham.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

Thanks for all the helpful advice.

I've found PDFescape to be really good for this particular problem.

I'm not sure if you allowed to post links so google it if you want. You can put as many characters in boxes as you like and can adjust the font sizes and layout to make it fit.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice

Thanks for all the helpful advice.

I've found PDFescape to be really good for this particular problem.

I'm not sure if you allowed to post links so google it if you want. You can put as many characters in boxes as you like and can adjust the font sizes and layout to make it fit.
Have you tried using it with some of the forms they request?

I'm interested, as I downloaded a free trial of Acrobat Pro (which would normally allow you to do things like that), but it said the forms had been locked so you couldn't. At that point, I gave up and wrote them by hand :-)

I can't test it right now, but would be interested if it's possible to use that with the PR forms, or if the 'lock' stops you using that as well. Schedule A was the main one where I needed to write some things by hand.

Thanks,

Graham.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by graham1710
Have you tried using it with some of the forms they request?

I'm interested, as I downloaded a free trial of Acrobat Pro (which would normally allow you to do things like that), but it said the forms had been locked so you couldn't. At that point, I gave up and wrote them by hand :-)

I can't test it right now, but would be interested if it's possible to use that with the PR forms, or if the 'lock' stops you using that as well. Schedule A was the main one where I needed to write some things by hand.

Thanks,

Graham.
I've just used it on Schedule A. What I did was filled in all the fields where I had issues (e.g. professional membership body) and will fill in the others later using the form's standard formatting, or if it locks, using nitro PDF recommended by another user on here.

I also avoided filling in fields requesting personal data (e.g mother's maiden name) as you have to upload and download the forms to the online editor. Being as I'm paranoid about my personal info I didn't want to expose myself to that risk.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've just used it on Schedule A. What I did was filled in all the fields where I had issues (e.g. professional membership body) and will fill in the others later using the form's standard formatting, or if it locks, using nitro PDF recommended by another user on here.

I also avoided filling in fields requesting personal data (e.g mother's maiden name) as you have to upload and download the forms to the online editor. Being as I'm paranoid about my personal info I didn't want to expose myself to that risk.
Ah, nice one.

Yea, when the form locked really annoyed me as I had to re-fill out the whole thing several times, lol. I soon got tired of that!

Oh well, wish I'd known about this before. In any case, the hand-written parts should be fine (used my best hand-writing, lol).

Good tip for any future PDF filling out, thanks!

Graham.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

No problems.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by graham1710
Yea, when the form locked really annoyed me as I had to re-fill out the whole thing several times
It's interesting to me that I had the form locking problem, you had the problem and another individual on here had the form locking problem.

My former representation would not review a form in a non-editable format as per their T&Cs. Yet when I mentioned problems with the Schedule A form locking they responded:

"we have not had any other clients with this issue"

Really? It seems to be quite a common problem on here.

I asked them to transpose my locked version to one of their editable version but they refused suggesting that I find another computer to fill out the form on. I'd already stated I;d tried it on the only two PC's I had available to use. Amazingly poor service.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's interesting to me that I had the form locking problem, you had the problem and another individual on here had the form locking problem.

My former representation would not review a form in a non-editable format as per their T&Cs. Yet when I mentioned problems with the Schedule A form locking they responded:

"we have not had any other clients with this issue"

Really? It seems to be quite a common problem on here.

I asked them to transpose my locked version to one of their editable version but they refused suggesting that I find another computer to fill out the form on. I'd already stated I;d tried it on the only two PC's I had available to use. Amazingly poor service.
Yea, it wasn't all forms that did it. The one I remember was schedule A.

Interestingly, when I only filled out page 2 (2 or 3, can't remember) as I wanted to make a change to that without re-doing the whole thing (so printed page 2 from that save, and the rest from the first save), it didn't lock. So maybe it only locks when you fill out more, or all, pages. I'm not that dedicated to find out the criteria, lol.

However, it definitely did lock on several occasions, for both my wife and I, on different computers. That was very annoying, lol.

Would be surprised if they'd had no clients at all that it happened to.

Graham.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 5:41 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Found the thread in the past posts, looks like OP was debating between Wildy and another called AK... not sure which he chose, though.
SchnookoLoly - I noticed that your earlier question about which firm didn't get answered and, whilst I fully respect the OP's decision not to "name and shame", I also want to clarify for the benefit of anyone reading about his negative experience that Wildy Immigration was NOT the firm that was representing gb_griffiths.

Regardless I was sorry to hear that gb_griffiths had a bad experience with whichever firm it was that he had chosen.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 6:39 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All'$ well that end$ well. Well, for them.

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
*cough* Note the pink sign next to my name! And I think I've even got a photo on my profile page if you're still confused.
I too was confused by the name since oompa implies grandfather to me!
Old Apr 20th 2013, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Wildy
SchnookoLoly - I noticed that your earlier question about which firm didn't get answered and, whilst I fully respect the OP's decision not to "name and shame", I also want to clarify for the benefit of anyone reading about his negative experience that Wildy Immigration was NOT the firm that was representing gb_griffiths.

Regardless I was sorry to hear that gb_griffiths had a bad experience with whichever firm it was that he had chosen.
For the record. I didn't have a bad experience with Paul Wildy.

He was professional and courteous throughout our interactions (even going to the extent to respond to a query I sent him today) - at no charge.

The only reason I didn't engage Paul was because I didn't have the comfort I required regarding the specifics of the strategy outlined when I met with him. I am a 'details' kind of a guy.

However, while I was considering AK and Wildy at the time I also considered many other Imig Consultants. I would not want you to make your decision on a consultant based only on this thread or my opinion. If you want my honest opinion, for good or ill, PM me and I'll let you know my POV. You must however do your own research and would be wise to spread that research far and wide.

Last edited by gb_griffiths; Apr 20th 2013 at 7:19 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 10:33 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul Wildy

Glad to hear it wasn't you Paul, didn't think it would be either given what I've read about you on the boards. :-)