Alberta LMO Timeline?

Old Sep 2nd 2010, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

chaddsuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Alberta LMO Timeline?

Hi Everyone

Do you know the currently LMO waiting time for Alberta by any chance?

I am due to fly out next month to look for work however cant seem to find this information anywhere

Thanks

Chris
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

LMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant future
Default Re: Alberta LMO Timeline?

Originally Posted by chaddsuk
Hi Everyone

Do you know the currently LMO waiting time for Alberta by any chance?

I am due to fly out next month to look for work however cant seem to find this information anywhere

Thanks

Chris

Expect to wait for 4-8 weeks. That timeline may increase. I have been waiting almost 6 weeks. My future employer has informed me this is the information they have received from Service Canada. Get an LMO application in ASAP. Your employer will have to meet the advertising requirements prior to an application. Good luck
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 6:49 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got a new one approved this week. Original application went in around 2 months ago.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Thanks for that guys, I really appreciate it

Might be a bit of an issue for me that as i dont have an employment offer as yet and im not sure most potential employers will want to wait 2 months + for me to start

thanks though

chris
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Thanks for that guys, I really appreciate it

Might be a bit of an issue for me that as i dont have an employment offer as yet and im not sure most potential employers will want to wait 2 months + for me to start

thanks though

chris
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

canada10 is an unknown quantity at this point

In case the first LMO application doesn't get approved, how many additional attempts does one have?
Old Oct 4th 2010, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

I was also wondering if LMO's are being done for part time jobs?

Finally, my BUNAC expires in March. If I was to start a LMO process now, and assuming it takes around 2 months to complete (hopefully coming back positive), does the new TWP come into effect upon the expiry of the BUNAC or straight away?

Many thanks in advance.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 4:18 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canada10
In case the first LMO application doesn't get approved, how many additional attempts does one have?
As many as you like. I guess it depends why it failed before you decide you're flogging a dead horse.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 4:27 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canada10
I was also wondering if LMO's are being done for part time jobs?

Finally, my BUNAC expires in March. If I was to start a LMO process now, and assuming it takes around 2 months to complete (hopefully coming back positive), does the new TWP come into effect upon the expiry of the BUNAC or straight away?

Many thanks in advance.
The employers guide does not state # of hours. It would depend on what you do, the skill level, whether and employer would want to go to the bother for a PT job, whether a Canadian or PR wants the job. Unless it is a highly skilled job I would say the chances are next to zero.
Old Oct 8th 2010, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your response Aviator. Does anyone else have any experience with applying for an LMO based on a part time job?