Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Alberta LMO Processing Time & Shipping Before Confirmation

Wikiposts

Alberta LMO Processing Time & Shipping Before Confirmation

Old Sep 8th 2011, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

meteor1950 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Alberta LMO Processing Time & Shipping Before Confirmation

I notice from a thread in May that the comment was that it took 3-6 weeks to process an LMO. But I know they are currently processing many more applications as they are crying out for workers in the Oil and Gas Industry. The company my husband has had a job offer through are a large reputable company who have on many occasions come over to the UK and recruited foreign personnel and so are highly knowledgeable on the process and have never had an application refused. Has anybody recently had a company submit an LMO in Alberta within the Oil and Gas Industry and received confirmation and if so how long has it taken? We are at the three week period so appreciate it could be early days but the guys buying my house are pushing to complete and I dont want to be homeless if it is currently taking 12 weeks plus and bearing in mind you need to give two weeks notice for the shipping. Which leads me to another question, as it takes 6-12 weeks for the shipping are you able to ship prior to receiving your LMO and working visa, I know you have to have proof of being in the country when you collect your goods.

Many thanks in advance
Old Sep 9th 2011, 5:04 am
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Alberta LMO Processing Time & Shipping Before Confirmation

Hi, I would hold fire if I were you until you get the LMO. This time last year we were in your position, although had already sold the house and were renting. It took almost 10 weeks to get the LMO and also with a reputable company in the oil and gas industry who had taken on many ex pats. Although everything pointed to hubby getting the LMO there was still always that nagging doubt. Sure someone who has currently received LMO will soon advise.

Shipping is fairly quick to organise if you get all the quotes in advance and then you can instruct as soon as you have the go ahead. By the way our goods took only 3 weeks to arrive here in Calgary (January)

Good Luck, waiting for answers is as always the worst bit of the process and it always seems to take longer than quoted.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 5:13 am
Just Joined

meteor1950 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snowcandy
Hi, I would hold fire if I were you until you get the LMO. This time last year we were in your position, although had already sold the house and were renting. It took almost 10 weeks to get the LMO and also with a reputable company in the oil and gas industry who had taken on many ex pats. Although everything pointed to hubby getting the LMO there was still always that nagging doubt. Sure someone who has currently received LMO will soon advise.

Shipping is fairly quick to organise if you get all the quotes in advance and then you can instruct as soon as you have the go ahead. By the way our goods took only 3 weeks to arrive here in Calgary (January)

Good Luck, waiting for answers is as always the worst bit of the process and it always seems to take longer than quoted.
Thanks I appreciate your response, just raring to go, been on the cards for so long, what with the waiting for the PR's and now this so close....
Old Sep 9th 2011, 5:25 am
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Good things come to those who wait, sure it won't be long...then the time will fly by until you board the plane. You won't have enough hours in the day soon enough