Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Alberta Immigration Information Session, 25/11/08, Leeds

Alberta Immigration Information Session, 25/11/08, Leeds

Old Nov 19th 2008, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Default Alberta Immigration Information Session, 25/11/08, Leeds

I haven't seen any posts about this so thought I'd post it to inform anyone who's interested. The advert was in the Metro newspaper last week for an Alberta Immigration Information Session next Tuesday, 25th November, at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Wellington Street, Leeds between 6.00pm - 7.30pm.

The ad says:

"Work Here. Live Here.

If you're looking for a new career overseas, nowhere looks better than Alberta, Canada.

Alberta's strong economy has created the need for workers in occupations such as healthcare, engineering, construction trades, food processing and services, hospitality, manufacturing and long-haul trucking.

Register by November 24 via e-mail: [email protected] and indicate 'Information Session: Leeds' in the subject line.

www.albertacanada.com/work "

Following the link to the website above, it also shows a session on Thursday 27th at MacDonald House, London.

Adele

P.S. Apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere and I've missed it

Last edited by adele; Nov 19th 2008 at 3:45 pm.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Alberta Immigration Information Session, 25/11/08, Leeds

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...rate/ainp.html

Good website for people interested in a move to Alberta give info on practically everything regarding alberta including sponorship info
Old Nov 20th 2008, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Chick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to allChick-a-dee is a name known to all

I'm going to attend, but does anyone know if it is just the AB government people that are there, or will there be some immigration companies hocking their wares there too? If it's just going to be a sales opportunity dressed up as an information session then I'll give it a miss.

Does anyone know who's going to be there?
Old Nov 20th 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Chick-a-dee
I'm going to attend, but does anyone know if it is just the AB government people that are there, or will there be some immigration companies hocking their wares there too? If it's just going to be a sales opportunity dressed up as an information session then I'll give it a miss.

Does anyone know who's going to be there?
Thats the official Alberta's (http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...igns/work.html) website, so it would be Alberta government official. Alberta seems to be promoting very aggressively their province.

Apparently they will also be there at expo-canada in Leeds and London (http://www.expo-canada.com/) later this month, along with CHC and some other provinces (BC, for example) as well.

Ray