Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Programme - Family Stream - Q on Education

Wikiposts

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Programme - Family Stream - Q on Education

Old Jul 17th 2010, 8:57 am
Just Joined

laidback87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Alberta Immigrant Nominee Programme - Family Stream - Q on Education

Hey Everyone

I am a British citizen looking into the AINP Family Stream. One of the requirements is that I should have a
"minimum of three years of full time post-secondary education within the past four years."

I am confused with this requirement. Does this mean that I have to apply
a) within the four years after the COMMENCEMENT of my degree (I started my 3-year undergraduate degree in 2007) i.e. the duration of my undergraduate degree is within that four year period, or
b) within the four years after the COMPLETION of my degree i.e. after graduation (2010)?

Many thanks!
Old Jul 17th 2010, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice
Default Re: Alberta Immigrant Nominee Programme - Family Stream - Q on Education

You confused and messed all up - better read carefully again the requirements:

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...candidate.html

The education/experience sections states:

The Candidate or their Spouse/Common-law partner (if applicable) must meet minimum criteria for education and work experience. Note that one individual (either Candidate or spouse/common-law partner) must meet both the education and work experience criteria.

1. The Candidate or their Spouse/Common-law partner (if applicable) must be able to demonstrate completion of a post-secondary diploma or degree program of at least two (2) years in duration.

2. The Candidate or their Spouse/Common-law partner (if applicable) must be able to demonstrate one of the following:

- a minimum of three years of full-time work experience that is related to individual’s post-secondary credential within the past four years

- a minimum of three years of full-time post-secondary school within the past four years

- a combination of three years of full-time work experience and full-time post-secondary school within the past four years. The education and experience must be related (i.e. an Engineering degree and working as an Engineer).

The above doesn't state that you should have a "minimum of three years of full time post-secondary education within the past four years."

The requirement is that applicant or spouse/common-law partner meet the criteria set in section 1 and one of the criteria set in section 2. Both, section 1 and 2 must be met by either applicant or spouse/common-law partner.

Section 1 sets the minimum education requirement. It must be met.

Section 2 sets the minimum experience requirement and provides the option to substitute 3 years of experience in past 4 years with either 3 years of post-secondary credential or a 3-years combination of post-secondary credential and work experience within past 4 years. The 3 years work experience or one of the substitutes must be met within past 4 years.

When requirement states that something must have been met, completed or earned in past 4 years it means in the 4 years immediately preceding the date application is received by authorities.

Last edited by crazy72; Jul 17th 2010 at 4:34 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2010, 12:59 am
Just Joined

laidback87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Alberta Immigrant Nominee Programme - Family Stream - Q on Education

Yes, I am fully aware that there is a minimum education requirement on top of a work experience requirement (which can be substituted by a minimum of 3 years post-secondary education).

I was just merely hoping get a clarification with respect to Section 2.2

Thanks.
Old Jul 18th 2010, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice

Three years of education must be done within past 4 years - entire 3 years, not just graduation. It means that the entire 3-years program must be completed (from start to finish) within past 4 years.