Wikiposts

Alberta employer driven PNP

Old Aug 21st 2011, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Alberta employer driven PNP

Hey guys,

I'm considering asking my employer to go through the skilled worker employer driven stream with me. How long does this process take currently (realistically!) ? Also, how much effort is it for the employer?

Thanks very much in advance!
Old Aug 21st 2011, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alberta employer driven PNP

Hi we are at the moment going through AINP, see our time line in the signature section. I have been told it should take about 12 months. Hoping to have PR by Nov this year.

I am not sure how much of a hassle (if that is the correct term to use) for the employer. On CIC website you can access the information employers need and the info and forms that you will need.
For me, I was offered a Full Time Regular position, spoke with HR who gave me the forms to be filled out for AINP, lucky for me the person in HR is also qualified to notarise documents. These form went to the AINP officer for Alberta Health Services to assess eligability for AINP. They came back after about 6 months with acceptance to the AINP. Then in November we sent all the relevant forms for PR to Buffalo as requested to do. Had our medicals end of June and now awaiting to find out if there were any problems.
As with all of the processes for immigration there are many pages of forms to be filled out and then the obligatory fees to be paid.

Someone else will come along with more info I suspect. That was the process for us.

Good luck
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the reply, that's useful!

Anyone else?

Thanks again!
Old Aug 24th 2011, 1:05 am
Permanent Resident

The Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud of

Hi Mad Jockette

We also did the same thing (take a peek at our timelines) and like Rubber Duck its a case of making sure the employer knows what to do with regard to paperwork. Once you have the nomination then you take it forward like a normal PR application.

Good luck
The Ross Family
Old Aug 24th 2011, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Ross Family
Hi Mad Jockette

We also did the same thing (take a peek at our timelines) and like Rubber Duck its a case of making sure the employer knows what to do with regard to paperwork. Once you have the nomination then you take it forward like a normal PR application.

Good luck
The Ross Family
Hi Ross Family
Thank you. I remember us (Trophy, my other half) and I following your time line when we first registered on the forum. it is encouraging to see your time line for PR is roughly the same as ours now. So with any luck all the waiting should be done in about 4 months. Hope it working out well for you.

Mad Jockette
Old Aug 25th 2011, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

tron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to all
Post Re: Alberta employer driven PNP

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Hey guys,

I'm considering asking my employer to go through the skilled worker employer driven stream with me. How long does this process take currently (realistically!) ? Also, how much effort is it for the employer?

Thanks very much in advance!
Hi rubberduckofdeath,

Do you mind me asking, how long have you been with this employer for? How soon can you ask the employer to consider going down this route, some posts have said you have to wait six months/2 weeks before your visa expires. I am not sure whether length or service or visa restrictions is what dictates PNP applications, if at all

Thanks and good luck if you do decide to go down this route, it is something I am definitely considering
Old Aug 25th 2011, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you for the reply, that's useful!

Anyone else?

Thanks again!
Your welcome, hope it all works out for you.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Ross Family
Hi Mad Jockette

Good luck
The Ross Family
This cannot be under estimated, my employer failed to return the paperwork. I found out with 3 months to go before having to frantically renew my 2 year work permit. Caused them alot of money for an immigration lawyer and me alot of stress...i wasn't sure if i was going to be allowed to live in Canada anymore...and i had just ot engaged to a Canadian.
Old Aug 27th 2011, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stuabroad
This cannot be under estimated,

stuabroad,
I am sorry to hear this and have read more on your other thread. This immigration process is stressful enough without the hassle you have had. I hope it can be resolved ASAP for you.

Congratulations on your engagement.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Hey guys,

Okay, I'm going to talk to my boss about Alberta PNP tomorrow. I'm currently on a 1 year WHV and have about 11 months left on it. I understand that it's going to take longer than 11 months to process PR under AB PNP. So, I'll need to get a 2nd WHV to cover the additional time. Is a regular TWP an option, also?

Also, do I get to choose a faster office than London for processing?

My SW application has been with them (as with many others), since last summer..

Thanks in advance!

Old Sep 7th 2011, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tron08028
Hi rubberduckofdeath,

Do you mind me asking, how long have you been with this employer for? How soon can you ask the employer to consider going down this route, some posts have said you have to wait six months/2 weeks before your visa expires. I am not sure whether length or service or visa restrictions is what dictates PNP applications, if at all

Thanks and good luck if you do decide to go down this route, it is something I am definitely considering
I've been with them about 1 month but they're keen to keep me
Old Sep 7th 2011, 8:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, I'm going to talk to my boss about Alberta PNP tomorrow. I'm currently on a 1 year WHV and have about 11 months left on it. I understand that it's going to take longer than 11 months to process PR under AB PNP. So, I'll need to get a 2nd WHV to cover the additional time. Is a regular TWP an option, also?
Yes, a regular TWP would be an option. Didn't realise you could use a WHV to get PR via a PNP, I know you can't use it for FSW cat 2 applications but it's good that you can for PNP.

Oh, and re: visa office, you'd have a choice of either London or Buffalo - but I think Buffalo usually takes longer anyway.

Good luck.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 9:36 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes, a regular TWP would be an option. Didn't realise you could use a WHV to get PR via a PNP, I know you can't use it for FSW cat 2 applications but it's good that you can for PNP.

Oh, and re: visa office, you'd have a choice of either London or Buffalo - but I think Buffalo usually takes longer anyway.

Good luck.
1. You could use the IEC if the position is in NOC A, B or O.
2. For semi-skilled position, you must have a TWP that was obtained by an LMO except for Front Desk Agent/Clerk
3. As a Manager/Supervisor Candidate in the service, retail and foodservice industries, you must also require a post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate in a related field of study (Commerce, Business Management, etc.)
Be able to show a minimum of two years of managerial/supervisory experience in a related industry or four years of work experience in a directly related industry.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

Good luck.
Thank you christmasoompa, as always!

I've got a friend over here who's going through AB PNP, I'm 99% sure he's on a WHV and has received his nomination etc [edit: I've checked with him and he's on a BUNAC and has been nominated by AB's PNP). My understanding is that my application would go to the province and then if nominated I could apply for a TWP and also for PR?

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. You could use the IEC if the position is in NOC A, B or O.
2. For semi-skilled position, you must have a TWP that was obtained by an LMO except for Front Desk Agent/Clerk
3. As a Manager/Supervisor Candidate in the service, retail and foodservice industries, you must also require a post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate in a related field of study (Commerce, Business Management, etc.)
Be able to show a minimum of two years of managerial/supervisory experience in a related industry or four years of work experience in a directly related industry.
Thanks PMM My understanding is that you need 2 years working experience in Canada for IEC?

Thanks again, both.

Last edited by rubberduckofdeath; Sep 7th 2011 at 10:19 am. Reason: Addition :)
Old Sep 8th 2011, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Hey guys,

I'm just looking at the Alberta PNP employer driven details. Do I need an LMO even though I'm already working for the employer on a temporary permit? (WHV)

Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.