Wikiposts

AIP &work permit

Old Oct 9th 2008, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

2Huskies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AIP &work permit

I've just received AIP through inland spousal application (Vegreville) & have been told i can now apply for a open work permit.I've seen a few threads on here saying a OWP can be obtained at a local CIC office.Does anyone know if this is correct?
According to Vegreville CIC it's taking 72 days to process OWP.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: AIP &work permit

Originally Posted by 2Huskies
I've just received AIP through inland spousal application (Vegreville) & have been told i can now apply for a open work permit.I've seen a few threads on here saying a OWP can be obtained at a local CIC office.Does anyone know if this is correct?
According to Vegreville CIC it's taking 72 days to process OWP.
All i know is OWP can be applied at Vegreville, Just fill out the forms pay yr fees and you will be done in no time.

Good luck, I dont know of any local cic office for OWP. Maybe someone will say otherwise.....
Old Oct 9th 2008, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bflava
All i know is OWP can be applied at Vegreville, Just fill out the forms pay yr fees and you will be done in no time.

Good luck, I dont know of any local cic office for OWP. Maybe someone will say otherwise.....
It's just the time limit regarding Vegreville,the time will take me up to Xmas & then it's a few weeks i think to then get the SIN so with the Xmas holidays it might take up to end of Jan to get it sorted.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Hopefully someone will clear this up for me
Old Oct 9th 2008, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future

Hopefully someone will clear this up for me
I'm not sure if you can receive an OWP from a local CIC office. However, this is the number for the CIC call centre, you will be able to talk to a CIC officer and they will be able to help you: 1 888 242‑2100
Old Oct 9th 2008, 11:44 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

then it's a few weeks i think to then get the SIN so with the Xmas holidays it might take up to end of Jan to get it sorted.
why should that be?

you take your work permit as soon as you get it, take it together with your passport to your nearest service canada centre and get your sin there and then - you get a printed confirmation of that number which you can show your employer. afaik, that's all you need to start working.
what may take a week or two to arrive in your mailbox is the plastic card with your sin number on it.

well, at least that's how the sin thingy worked out for me and enough other people i know - that's why i personally consider that procedure as the normal way. tell me if i missed something.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

I'm only going by what i've read on here & other forums,full of piss & vinegar aren't we?,no need for the attitude in your post

Originally Posted by lof
why should that be?

you take your work permit as soon as you get it, take it together with your passport to your nearest service canada centre and get your sin there and then - you get a printed confirmation of that number which you can show your employer. afaik, that's all you need to start working.
what may take a week or two to arrive in your mailbox is the plastic card with your sin number on it.

well, at least that's how the sin thingy worked out for me and enough other people i know - that's why i personally consider that procedure as the normal way. tell me if i missed something.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:20 am
Just Joined

slowjam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all
I just have to let you know what (Vegreville) is like and hope you have a better experience and not one like I had..... First off they lost 2 forms I posted in, this was after they had received them and talking to (Vegreville) is like talking to they will hang up if they can't help you, or if you ask too hard questions. But after 1 year I got my spousal work permit. Now my 16 year old as been told she can't have a work permit :curse: why not she goes to school here and will finish this year, what can she do then. My experience of the Canada Immigration is not a good one at all, this is only some of the things they have done to us.. I could go on and on and on....
Old Oct 10th 2008, 12:50 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Service Canada - How do I apply for a SIN...