AIP Timeline?

Old Jun 2nd 2022, 1:01 am
Just Joined

doodlebug149 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AIP Timeline?

Hi Guys,
I am about to submit my application for PR through the AIP stream. I have the endorsement already and completed the forms online for PR. I have spent hours searching the internet to find out when I am likely to be called for my medical. Does anyone have any idea?
I know that I can get an upfront medical for myself when I apply for the work permit but want to know when all of us will be called for medicals? A friend of mind went through it in 2020 and they were called after 7 months (from the date the application was made) but there were backlogs because of covid.

If anyone has any experience, I would be really grateful.
Old Jun 2nd 2022, 7:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AIP Timeline?

Processing times have increased substantially since your friend applied unfortunately, the Covid backlog has increased and priority is now being given to Ukranian applicants too, so most PR apps are taking a year or so longer than they used to. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ing-times.html

You don't need a medical for the work permit unless you want to work in certain fields (healthcare, with children etc).

HTH.
Old Jun 2nd 2022, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your response.

My wife is a Sister and her job offer is within a hospital, so assume that's why she would need one for her work permit. Makes sense about the processing times being increased. Do you have any idea roughly how long from the time your application is accepted (lodged) to the time you are called up to complete your medicals?

Thanks

Old Jun 2nd 2022, 1:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doodlebug149
Thanks for your response.

My wife is a Sister and her job offer is within a hospital, so assume that's why she would need one for her work permit. Makes sense about the processing times being increased. Do you have any idea roughly how long from the time your application is accepted (lodged) to the time you are called up to complete your medicals?

Thanks
Ah, yes, she will need a medical then. Whole process is about 2 years now, so it won't be for a while, she'll need to get an upfront medical but it's possible she can reuse that for the PR app.
Old Jun 2nd 2022, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply. We are going down the AIP route which is taking 12 months at the moment so I am pleased about that. I am wondering of the medicals are going to be in about 6 months time or sooner than that?
Old Jun 3rd 2022, 7:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks for the reply. We are going down the AIP route which is taking 12 months at the moment so I am pleased about that. I am wondering of the medicals are going to be in about 6 months time or sooner than that?
Info saying 12 months is out of date unfortunately. Official timelines show 18 months for those that have been processed recently (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ing-times.html), but I'd imagine that to be nearer 2 years if you haven't yet applied as the Ukraine situation will be increasing that timescale.

Medicals are usually requested towards the end of the process, about the same time as background checks, there's no exact timescale though as it does vary. But generally quite late so they they are valid for as long as possible (as you only have a year from the date of them to 'land' and activate PR, hence they're not done early on otherwise that time would run out). As a very rough guide, if you applied now, I'd not expect med requests until this time next year at the earliest.

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 3rd 2022 at 7:52 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2022, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much for the information. I guess we will see what happens.

Thanks again and have a great weekend. :-)
Old Jun 13th 2022, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Hi Mate,

Just spoken to a lawyer who said AIP currently processing in 12 months rather than 18. He said it's the Pilot scheme that are processing in 18 months and thats because that stream finished in March and it's just the problem cases left to get through. So apparently it's an average of applications through the Pilot scheme. S fingers crossed. for the AIP.
Old Jun 13th 2022, 1:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi Mate,

Just spoken to a lawyer who said AIP currently processing in 12 months rather than 18. He said it's the Pilot scheme that are processing in 18 months and thats because that stream finished in March and it's just the problem cases left to get through. So apparently it's an average of applications through the Pilot scheme. S fingers crossed. for the AIP.
I hope he's right. Processing times are all over the place at the mo for all visa apps, for instance FST applications which used to take 6 months are now showing 43 months as the average processing time.

At least you've got a route to a work permit, unlike most PR applicants, so you can get out there and not have to wait.

Good luck.
Old Jun 13th 2022, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Thanks mate I hope so. Apparently things may move a little faster too as they are trying to boost healthcare workers so I have everything crossed. :-)