Aip

Old Jul 20th 2004, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukjo is on a distinguished road
Default Aip

Hi everyone

I've been on this forum for a few months now and read a lot on other peoples experiences but never really asked many questions about what things mean. My spousal sponsership is in the stages of my AIP about to arrive. Could you please tell me exactly what the AIP is? I know, I'm in simple mode!!!!lol
Old Jul 20th 2004, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

peterevanscott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aip

No problem!

It means Acceptance in Principle.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Madhuba is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are living in Canada, once you receive the Approval in Principle, you should be able to apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work while the rest of the processing on your application is being completed.

Originally posted by ukjo
Hi everyone

I've been on this forum for a few months now and read a lot on other peoples experiences but never really asked many questions about what things mean. My spousal sponsership is in the stages of my AIP about to arrive. Could you please tell me exactly what the AIP is? I know, I'm in simple mode!!!!lol
Old Jul 20th 2004, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Madhuba
If you are living in Canada, once you receive the Approval in Principle, you should be able to apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work while the rest of the processing on your application is being completed.

cool thanks for that guys, thats put a smile on my face tonight i can tell you!!!!

so can i expect the final pr cards coming through by the fall now then? its just ive got to go back to the uk in november and although i have no choice in the matter, if i havent got the pr cards then i could run into problems. just trying to put my mind at rest to be honest
Old Jul 21st 2004, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

Actually, since you're on a spousal sponsorship, there won't really be a need to apply for a work permit of any sort. If your situation is anything like my wife's, you won't get an AIP letter at all - they'll send you a passport request straight up. You'll get your passport back about 2 or 3 weeks after you send it in, and then all you have to do is land in Canada and you have your PR status.

You should be getting your PR card in the mail about 3 weeks after you land.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by peterevanscott
Actually, since you're on a spousal sponsorship, there won't really be a need to apply for a work permit of any sort. If your situation is anything like my wife's, you won't get an AIP letter at all - they'll send you a passport request straight up. You'll get your passport back about 2 or 3 weeks after you send it in, and then all you have to do is land in Canada and you have your PR status.

You should be getting your PR card in the mail about 3 weeks after you land.

I'm in Canada though now. We moved here 10 jan this year and then got married 31 jan. the application was started on 9 feb. hubby got a letter today from cic saying hes ok to sponser us and im waiting for a letter which may come tomorrow. have no idea what the letter says but eclient says letter about approval in principle. i havent heard anything for months and now theyre all coming at me!!!!lol(not that i am complaining)
Old Jul 21st 2004, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

In that case, I'll defer to Madhuba's greater knowledge. Everything I know is about out-of-country spousal apps.

I hope all goes well for you. Good luck!
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by peterevanscott
In that case, I'll defer to Madhuba's greater knowledge. Everything I know is about out-of-country spousal apps.

I hope all goes well for you. Good luck!

Thank you

My husband said last night that I shouldn't need to apply for a work permit as we are doing it this way. We shall wait and see on that one!! I've got an exam to do first before I can work to get my Canadian Hairdressing Licence exchanged from my Uk one anyway. Thanks for you replies
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

CanadaGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ukjo
Hi everyone

when i received my aip, i had no idea how much longer i would have to wait till the actual actual completion of the process, so i paid 150 CAD and applied for work permit.I received my work permit in 6 weeks, and a week later i also received the interview date and within a week, i had become a landed immigrant.. so basically i would have saved 150 CAD by not appying for the work pemit but on the other hand it would have been helpful if my process had taken longer or if they had asked for more documents..

I received my PR Card in exactly 2 weeks from the interview date..
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by CanadaGuy
when i received my aip, i had no idea how much longer i would have to wait till the actual actual completion of the process, so i paid 150 CAD and applied for work permit.I received my work permit in 6 weeks, and a week later i also received the interview date and within a week, i had become a landed immigrant.. so basically i would have saved 150 CAD by not appying for the work pemit but on the other hand it would have been helpful if my process had taken longer or if they had asked for more documents..

I received my PR Card in exactly 2 weeks from the interview date..
Thats exactly what i decided to do today. so far its cost us the best part of $1000 and to be honest we cant afford anything else at the moment so we said that we would wait until my pr comes through. i have to study and do an exam to get my canadian hairdressing licence anyway so that will kill few weeks. im just praying that i will get my pr to go to the uk in november!!