AINP via skilled worker

Old Aug 24th 2010, 10:44 pm
Banned

walker65 has a spectacular aura aboutwalker65 has a spectacular aura aboutwalker65 has a spectacular aura about
Default AINP via skilled worker

We landed in calgary just over a month ago (was really easy got 1 year work permit)
My husband arrived a couple of months ago to sort out rental,car and start his new job.
We was accepted on pnp route and sent our full pack to buffalo last week 20th August 2010, so i quess we are now waiting for our medicals.
I have heard that you can take them in town or travel to calgary for them, would love to hear from anyone who has had medicals in lethbridge or calgary and what there storys are..

Met some great people since being here, was told about this site a few weeks ago and thought it would be good to see if there is anyone with our timelines

I even managed to land a job for myself at the local walmart store

Walker
Old Aug 25th 2010, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

happy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud of
Default Re: AINP via skilled worker

Congrats and welcome to Lethbridge!

HH
Old Aug 25th 2010, 6:02 am
Banned

walker65 has a spectacular aura aboutwalker65 has a spectacular aura aboutwalker65 has a spectacular aura about

Cheers

walker
Old Aug 25th 2010, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

andrewjohn is a jewel in the roughandrewjohn is a jewel in the roughandrewjohn is a jewel in the roughandrewjohn is a jewel in the rough

Hi walker.
We are hoping to be in calgary by the end of feb or march. How quick can we do this? My wife has a job offer and we have accomidation sorted when needed. There are 6 of us myself my wife and 4 kids.Does the temp work permit come quick?
Hope you are enjoying things.

Cheers.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 6:00 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by andrewjohn
Hi walker.
We are hoping to be in calgary by the end of feb or march. How quick can we do this? My wife has a job offer and we have accomidation sorted when needed. There are 6 of us myself my wife and 4 kids.Does the temp work permit come quick?

Cheers.
My husband came in before us, so not sure
I gave them all the paperwork, they asked me if any of us had criminal records, health problems or lived in canada before
Then they issued us with work permit and children are there so they can attend school next week.
We have 4 children, they are looking forward to starting school.
Good luck with the move, i have never been to canada, but so far i like what i see.

walker
Old Aug 25th 2010, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

david_oz is just really nicedavid_oz is just really nicedavid_oz is just really nicedavid_oz is just really nicedavid_oz is just really nicedavid_oz is just really nicedavid_oz is just really nicedavid_oz is just really nice

hi and welcome to alberta

i did my medical in calgary with Dr Grunberg, since she was very close to my work. You can book an appointment on her website (www.grunberg.ca/) so it was really convenient. It cost me $150 + all the other tests, which were an additional $50 or so. You can take the blood test and xray at any of the locations around calgary, and the Dr gives you a form to take to them.

They took a while to send my medicals to ottawa, but that could have been a delay with the other tests coming in.

There isn't really anything to worry about with the medical. They ask a bunch of questions about your medical history, take your blood pressure, have a listen to your breathing and that's about it.

good luck!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

csmirthwaite is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrewjohn
Hi walker.

Cheers.
So am I to take it when you get a job offer you apply for temory work permit the apply for perminent residence once you are over there with your family and working????

Sorry I am new to this. Currently going into my 2nd year nursing then have to work for a year to gain more experience then hoping to get a job over there?
Ontario though for us
Old Aug 27th 2010, 8:09 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by david_oz
hi and welcome to alberta

i did my medical in calgary with Dr Grunberg, since she was very close to my work. You can book an appointment on her website (www.grunberg.ca/) so it was really convenient. It cost me $150 + all the other tests, which were an additional $50 or so. You can take the blood test and xray at any of the locations around calgary, and the Dr gives you a form to take to them.

They took a while to send my medicals to ottawa, but that could have been a delay with the other tests coming in.

There isn't really anything to worry about with the medical. They ask a bunch of questions about your medical history, take your blood pressure, have a listen to your breathing and that's about it.

good luck!
Thank you for the information.
Trying to get ready, but story's on here i could be waiting months for our medicals, my brother-in-law got his within 2mths of sending it to buffalo