AINP skilled worker & SOWP

Old Nov 28th 2011, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default AINP skilled worker & SOWP

Hi guys,

We've been nominated by Alberta for PR and in the next few months we'll request a new TWP to tide us over until PR (hopefully!), arrives. Would my wife be given a new open work permit or will she have to wait until PR?

Thanks in advance as always!
Old Nov 28th 2011, 11:02 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: AINP skilled worker & SOWP

Yes, we are going through AINP and have just received a 2 year extension to hubby's TWP, and another open work permit for me, with usual restrictions.

You can see from our timeline where we are!

When does your work permit run out? Ours runs out Dec 31 and we applied online back in August, it took 3 months to the day to receive it back. The new permits are dated from Nov 2011.

However this time the kids each have their own Visitor's Permit, they were on the bottom of hubby's first TWP. Youngest daughter has 6 months less than the rest of the family as her passport runs out in 2013, hopefully won't be a problem as should, fingers crossed, have PR by then.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply!

I/we have about 8.5 months left to run on our permits so we're in no rush. I think I'll look to renew them in about 4 months time, I guess a long weekend over the border will be in order!

We're putting in the paperwork for (yet more), UK police checks this week and then as soon as they're back we'll send off our full application pack to Buffalo
Old Nov 28th 2011, 11:21 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Hopefully you too, will get transferred from Buffalo to Ottawa on the Pilot Scheme to expedite processing...they seem to be sending all PNP case in country onto it at the moment.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 11:24 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

BTW our lawyer sent in our PR app without police checks back in August. We were told they didn't need them with the initial application. We had meds request at the end of October and then applied for police checks. They received these in Ottawa last week. We are just waiting now for further movement.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the information! Here's hoping it's a quicker process than skilled worker route!
Old Nov 28th 2011, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Hi guys,

We've been nominated by Alberta for PR and in the next few months we'll request a new TWP to tide us over until PR (hopefully!), arrives. Would my wife be given a new open work permit or will she have to wait until PR?

Thanks in advance as always!
When I applied for extension of my work permit, I added my hubby as well and we both got renewals for 2 years. The HR person at my place of work suggested I ask for 2 years on the permit.

Congratulations on nomination for AINP PR
Old Nov 28th 2011, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowcandy
Hopefully you too, will get transferred from Buffalo to Ottawa on the Pilot Scheme to expedite processing...they seem to be sending all PNP case in country onto it at the moment.
Ottawa seems to be moving quickly, wish Seattle would, they have had our file for 5 weeks now, "to expedite'!!!!! our application

Sorry for the rant

Best of luck to all
Old Nov 29th 2011, 1:24 am
Don't call me MOM!!

Originally Posted by Mad Jockette
Ottawa seems to be moving quickly, wish Seattle would, they have had our file for 5 weeks now, "to expedite'!!!!! our application

Sorry for the rant

Best of luck to all
Hi Mad Jockette, I notice your file has now gone to Seattle, yet your meds went to Ottawa. Did you get put on the Ottawa Pilot Scheme and then moved again???
Old Nov 29th 2011, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Mad Jockette, I notice your file has now gone to Seattle, yet your meds went to Ottawa. Did you get put on the Ottawa Pilot Scheme and then moved again???
Hi Snowcandy

I was of the belief that all meds were sent to Ottawa and then forwarded to the relevant Immigration Office. My file was only sent from Buffalo to Seattle.

MJ
Old Nov 29th 2011, 3:56 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

Originally Posted by Mad Jockette
Hi Snowcandy

I was of the belief that all meds were sent to Ottawa and then forwarded to the relevant Immigration Office. My file was only sent from Buffalo to Seattle.

MJ
Oh, hopefully you'll hear something more soon.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh, hopefully you'll hear something more soon.
Hope we all do, thank you