AINP and PNP

Old Dec 15th 2011, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

LucyLovelock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AINP and PNP

Hey guys
My friend and I are sat trying to work out if shes best advised to apply for PR through the Alberta Immigration Nominee Program, or the PNP?
Or indeed are they the same?
The AINP seems a much quicker processing time?
Maybe thats how you get nominated?
Many thanks in advance!
x
Old Dec 15th 2011, 4:19 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AINP and PNP

Hi

Originally Posted by LucyLovelock
Hey guys
My friend and I are sat trying to work out if shes best advised to apply for PR through the Alberta Immigration Nominee Program, or the PNP?
Many thanks in advance!
x

You realize that you apply to AINP (Which is Alberta's PNP program) and if you receive a nomination, then you apply to the Federal PNP program?
Old Dec 15th 2011, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice

Originally Posted by LucyLovelock
Hey guys
Many thanks in advance!
x
Their are a few different routes in the ainp.
As I understand (in my situation anyway) I need to pass a trade equivalent test, then once passed I will receive a letter inviting me to join the ainp, once im nominated then I can apply for PR through CIC.
I believe AINP is a new scheme in Alberta which is being trialled and PNP as such no longer exists at the moment.

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...ting/ainp.aspx

Last edited by Stu_g2004; Dec 15th 2011 at 6:07 am. Reason: Grammar
Old Dec 15th 2011, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Shaun_and_Em is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stu_g2004
Their are a few different routes in the ainp.
As I understand (in my situation anyway) I need to pass a trade equivalent test, then once passed I will receive a letter inviting me to join the ainp, once im nominated then I can apply for PR through CIC.
I believe AINP is a new scheme in Alberta which is being trialled and PNP as such no longer exists at the moment.

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...ting/ainp.aspx
Would this not be a lengthier process then??

LucyLovelock - You haven't been thinking again have you?!

Last edited by Shaun_and_Em; Dec 15th 2011 at 12:46 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Shaun_and_Em
Would this not be a lengthier process then??

LucyLovelock - You haven't been thinking again have you?!
The ainp route is much faster than FSW route, once nominated PR could be granted within 6-10 months.

Come on Trickett thought you would have known that
Old Dec 15th 2011, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Shaun_and_Em is an unknown quantity at this point

The ainp route is much faster than FSW route, once nominated PR could be granted within 6-10 months.

Lol Stu I wish I had have known that prior to FSW Cat 1, its a drag... Lets have a bet!
Old Dec 15th 2011, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: AINP and PNP

Lol Stu I wish I had have known that prior to FSW Cat 1, its a drag... Lets have a bet!
Your on, dinner for 4 in a restaurant of the quickest to PR, looser pays.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Not to put a damper on other peoples aspirations but, our story so far on AINP. AINP is still I believe the faster route than FSW.
We are going through AINP and it has now been 13 months since the application was recieved by Buffalo and then 6 weeks ago file transferred to Seattle, there are 4 of us in the same employer having this long wait.

My hubby after passing his Red Seal exam was sent a letter informing him he was eligable to apply under AINP. Our application via my employer had gone in at that point.

we hear something soon.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Em - your problem is that Shaun was born in the wrong country
Old Dec 16th 2011, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

LucyLovelock is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mad Jockette
Not to put a damper on other peoples aspirations but, our story so far on AINP. AINP is still I believe the faster route than FSW.
We are going through AINP and it has now been 13 months since the application was recieved by Buffalo and then 6 weeks ago file transferred to Seattle, there are 4 of us in the same employer having this long wait.

My hubby after passing his Red Seal exam was sent a letter informing him he was eligable to apply under AINP. Our application via my employer had gone in at that point.

we hear something soon.
Thanks for all the info guys,and the input from the peanut gallery! (you guys all owe me a meal when you get your butts out here!!!)

I hope you hear something soon MJ!

We finally found after posting the question last night,the paperwork that we printed off for the AINP! Once my friend is nominated by Alberta, she can then apply to the PNP. (we hope there wont be any issues as shes just got her work permit renewed for a year and its the same criteria for the AINP! Just a whole bunch more forms!)
x
Old Dec 16th 2011, 4:04 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

we hear something soon.
Similar story here...our file has been transferred to Ottawa, as have others at same employer, who have been waiting much longer than us. Still very, very slow moving for everyone, even though it is supposed to expedite things once the file is transferred

Just when you think it's moving it all seems to grind to a halt again. OH's colleagues had meds done 3 months ago and still nowt

The waiting game is not amusing, still at least we are here
Old Dec 16th 2011, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowcandy
Similar story here...our file has been transferred to Ottawa, as have others at same employer, who have been waiting much longer than us. Still very, very slow moving for everyone, even though it is supposed to expedite things once the file is transferred

Just when you think it's moving it all seems to grind to a halt again. OH's colleagues had meds done 3 months ago and still nowt

The waiting game is not amusing, still at least we are here

Hi Snowcandy
exactly, 'the waiting game is not amusing, still at least we are here'

I heard from some colleagues in work that a few who are a few weeks behind me have got passport requests. So fingers crossed the nice IO's continues to get through their little piles of applications for those of us who are at the end of the process

Old Dec 17th 2011, 5:38 am
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Snowcandy
exactly, 'the waiting game is not amusing, still at least we are here'

I heard from some colleagues in work that a few who are a few weeks behind me have got passport requests. So fingers crossed the nice IO's continues to get through their little piles of applications for those of us who are at the end of the process

An early Christmas present would have been nice, but now we have been set back at least 2 months by CIC deciding at the last minute they need my recently turned 18 year old stepson to have meds, police check etc.

Maybe Easter now for us at the earliest....