ainp confusion?

Old May 3rd 2009, 5:51 am

dunniflat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ainp confusion?

hi folks,

i am looking for some help not for myself this time but for some friends who are considering a move to alberta.....i have reccomended the ainp route (which we also took ) but for us we went through the employer stream and we did it from alberta with an existing twp.

what im hoping to understand better is how you apply for ainp from the u.k?
do you still need an employer?

thanks in advance!

a x
Old May 3rd 2009, 6:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ainp confusion?

Hi,

If you have a look at the AINP website then it details each category i.e. Family Stream, etc. I'm pretty sure that your friends will need a job offer, but if you have a look it's a very good website and will give you the answer.

Hope that helps.
Old May 3rd 2009, 6:24 am

hi,

yeah i have been on the website loads of times but im still confused..i had thought that the only way it could be done was through the employer driven stream but i have read threads and heard of folk getting their ainp before they arrive in canada....i just cant find out how?
i know of the farmer stream etc.....unless the other folk are doing it through intra company transfers or something....i dont know ...im just confused by that part!
Old May 3rd 2009, 6:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunniflat
hi,

yeah i have been on the website loads of times but im still confused..i had thought that the only way it could be done was through the employer driven stream but i have read threads and heard of folk getting their ainp before they arrive in canada....i just cant find out how?
i know of the farmer stream etc.....unless the other folk are doing it through intra company transfers or something....i dont know ...im just confused by that part!

It depends on the province - for example Nova Scotia has a 'community led' stream which doesn't require a job offer and which you can apply for whilst in the UK. Each province's PNP program varies, but I'm pretty sure that for Alberta's PNP you do need a job offer (or relative etc).

Old May 4th 2009, 7:00 am

i think i understand now......
apparently you still need a job/employer to fill out their part of the ainp application but once nominated you can leave the u.k and come to airport and receive work permit at p.o.e. without l.m.o. because the province has nominated you!
therefore the employer has to be willing to wait the time the nomination takes before taking you on for the job!