Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AINP Compulsory & Optional Trades Category Query

AINP Compulsory & Optional Trades Category Query

Old Sep 5th 2012, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

snofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond reputesnofairy has a reputation beyond repute
Default AINP Compulsory & Optional Trades Category Query

Hi,

I'm looking into the Compulsory and Optional Trades Category under the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Programme and am a bit confused and was wondering if anyone could clear this up for me? Is an Optional Trade (specifically Landscape Gardener No.33) eligible for AINP? On the Govt. of Alberta website is says Optional Trades can apply http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...-criteria.aspx but on the following link http://www.tradesecrets.alberta.ca/f..._residency.pdf it states only Compulsory Trades can apply. I have tried contacting the Govt of AB but no luck. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Thanks!
Old Sep 5th 2012, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Siphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant future
Default Re: AINP Compulsory & Optional Trades Category Query

I would say that optional trades can subject to all the requirements listed on that page. The official Alberta site you linked says so - and as you say, it's listed on the list of compulsory and optional trades.

I'm sure the second document link is out of date. edit: especially as the document is dated 2010.