Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AINP application help needed please

AINP application help needed please

Old Jun 18th 2011, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

JasonnJane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AINP application help needed please

Hi
I am hoping that someone can help me with a query i have. I have just started to complete our AINP application forms and from what I have been told I need to get a letter from my ex-husband stating that he is ok with us putting my son on our application for PR. Does anyone have any experience of this and if so, is there a set letter, wording etc on here, or the CIC website that I could use? I have looked on both sites but cannot find anything.

Also, do we have to get a police certificate done to send off with our application or is this done at a later date? If we do have to get one, do we do this at our local police station? Would my son (who is still living in the UK at the moment, and is 20 yrs old) have to have a police certificate done in the UK?

Hope you can help

Many thanks
Jane
Old Jun 18th 2011, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AINP application help needed please

Hi
Can't help with the first question you ask.

We sent off our AINP aplication in November 2010 and did not send police certs as these are (were) not asked for at the initial point of application.
Follow the checklist for docs to send. We have just received our med requests and again no mention in the letter for police checks yet.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

hi
they are not asking for the police checks on the document checklist although it says that you need them on the guide for provincial nominees on the CIC website, thats why I am confused. Although if you are saying that you did not need it, thats great news. I am just worrying as I have been told that if we miss anything off, we will have everything sent back to us and go to the bottom of the list.
Thanks for your reply
Old Jun 18th 2011, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
we did not send police checks with the application, as they were not asked for in the checklist. Although I do get a bit paranoid about what to send and what not to send- it is a nightmare sometimes
We have just received our letter telling us to have medicals. We didn't have anything from CIC to ask for police checks as yet.

Good luck and hope it all goes well for you.
Old Jun 18th 2011, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a PDF of the consent form you need jane. If you PM me your email address, I will send it to you.

Last edited by farjojo71; Jun 19th 2011 at 12:01 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

thanks everyone