Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

aggggggh CEC or Federal Skilled workers program

aggggggh CEC or Federal Skilled workers program

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:30 pm
Loving my life..

DanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant future
Unhappy aggggggh CEC or Federal Skilled workers program

Can anyone offer any useful advice for a stressed foreign worker trying to make the right descision as to converting to perminant resident.
I have been working in Canada since Jan 2nd 2007 and have until December 12th to figure this out. I'm soo stressed. please help.
If once I have my application in to get PR do I need to extend my Worker permit until I get my answer.
I have a common law wife here and a small child together ( she is a Canadian citizen )
I did many years ago had an invitation from Manitoba to apply for a PNP so would this be something that might be worth looking into again. ( I still have a contact at Manitoba Labour and Immigration )
So come on guys please try and see if you can help in anyway.

Thank you in advance. BTW Canada ROCKS !!!
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: aggggggh CEC or Federal Skilled workers program

why dont you get your wife to sponsor you?

and yes you would need to extend your temporary stay until your pr visa is finalized
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 4:16 pm
Loving my life..

DanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant future

Thanks for your reply.
The wife sponsorship route does seem soooooo much more complicated...
BTW I'm on with the extending the work premit as I sit here typing. thx.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 4:28 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Originally Posted by DanielH
Thanks for your reply.
The wife sponsorship route does seem soooooo much more complicated...
BTW I'm on with the extending the work premit as I sit here typing. thx.
If you think spousal sponsorship is complicated, wait until you have to gather all documents for FSW.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 4:37 pm
Loving my life..

Originally Posted by PMM
HI

If you think spousal sponsorship is complicated, wait until you have to gather all documents for FSW.
great now my head is spinning....
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 4:40 pm
Loving my life..

Does anyone know anything that might help me along the Canadian Experiance Class.?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 6:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Daniel - why on earth would you want to do CEC or FSW route when you've got a much easier and quicker route available to you?!?

If you apply for Spousal sponsorship now you should have PR by December, but you probably won't with either of the other routes. They need much more paperwork, plus your employer would have to apply for a LMO or AEO for FSW application. And I believe they cost more too.

I don't know much about CEC class, but certainly for FSW you'd need a ton of paperwork collating (think references for past 10 year of employment, payslips, proof of education, etc) which takes ages.

Just go for spousal sponsorship! Most on here would love to have that option!!
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Daniel - why on earth would you want to do CEC or FSW route when you've got a much easier and quicker route available to you?!?

If you apply for Spousal sponsorship now you should have PR by December, but you probably won't with either of the other routes. They need much more paperwork, plus your employer would have to apply for a LMO or AEO for FSW application. And I believe they cost more too.

I don't know much about CEC class, but certainly for FSW you'd need a ton of paperwork collating (think references for past 10 year of employment, payslips, proof of education, etc) which takes ages.

Just go for spousal sponsorship! Most on here would love to have that option!!
agreed, spousal is your best and quickest route. the other options aren't any less complicated.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 5:44 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DanielH
Does anyone know anything that might help me along the Canadian Experiance Class.?
If for whatever reason you decide no to do spousal sponsorship then I would choose Canadian Experience Class over FSW if this is available to you since there are fewer requirements, no Point Score to meet and therefore less to go wrong as well as less evidence to supply.