Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

agencies which can find work / sponorship

agencies which can find work / sponorship

Old Jan 3rd 2012, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

lateforwork is an unknown quantity at this point
Default agencies which can find work / sponorship

Hi

I am thinking of moving to cananda but as I am over 31 yrs of age the working holiday route is not an option.

I could apply for a Federal Skilled worker or apply if I get a job offer.

Federal Skilled work - but there is a cap so I am looking at getting a job offer.

Does anyone know of any agencies which can arrange for an employer to sponsor an appliciant - who will market you to employers and help you secure a job and a visa?

Other option would be to go there to study but as I am 32 I am too old to become a student.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: agencies which can find work / sponorship

Originally Posted by lateforwork
Hi

Other option would be to go there to study but as I am 32 I am too old to become a student.
I am 46 and am of to do an assessment at a college next month. Too old? I've been told I'm not.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 4:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lateforwork
Hi

I am thinking of moving to cananda but as I am over 31 yrs of age the working holiday route is not an option.

I could apply for a Federal Skilled worker or apply if I get a job offer.

Federal Skilled work - but there is a cap so I am looking at getting a job offer.

Does anyone know of any agencies which can arrange for an employer to sponsor an appliciant - who will market you to employers and help you secure a job and a visa?

Hi, and welcome to BE.

You can try recruitment agencies to help you find a job (although make sure you don't pay them anything, as in the UK they shouldn't charge you), but that's often not the best way to try and find employment and they won't find specific employers that would be prepared to apply for a LMO for you. If you have a read of the Job Hunting section of the Wiki (blue bar at top of page, or follow the link in my signature), then that will give you hints and tips.

But given that it will usually take you quite a while to find a job offer, then it'll take another 3 months or so to get the LMO, it may also be worth preparing a FSW application in the hope that your occupation is still on the list in July when the quota reopens. What NOC would you be applying under?

And if you did want to study, then 31 is definitely not too old - there's no age limit for a study permit.

HTH and good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 3rd 2012 at 4:42 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 5:53 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Also in Canada it is illegal for employment agencies to charge a fee to the employee. It is the employer who pays.