Agencies?

Old Jul 14th 2018, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Triplet22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Agencies?

Hi all,
Myself my partner and our three baby boys are hoping to make a move to Canada in the next couple of years. I’m a vet and my husband is an icu Nurse who has now moved into hospital management in the U.K.
mom getting completely lost regarding the entire express entry visa application process and thinking that maybe we should just pay an agency to help?
Is this a a good idea, or does anyone have any tips (can you point me the the direction of accurate directions and information about the process?)
thank you all
Old Jul 14th 2018, 9:06 am
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Agencies?

You will not find much love for recruitment agencies, consultants or lawyers on here because:

1. They charge thousands of pounds (which would be better spent on your move) and don’t do a lot
2. They can’t get you any more points (even though they may let you think they can)
3. You will still end up doing most of the work yourself
4. Canada’s online Express Entry system is pretty easy to use and has been designed to allow people to do it themselves

Unless you have extremely complicated personal or employment circumstances or a criminal record, you’ll be able to find the same info a consultant would give you online for free, and much of it on this forum and the wiki.
Old Jul 14th 2018, 12:21 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Agencies?

Originally Posted by crofty82
You will not find much love for recruitment agencies, consultants or lawyers on here because:

1. They charge thousands of pounds (which would be better spent on your move) and don’t do a lot
2. They can’t get you any more points (even though they may let you think they can)
3. You will still end up doing most of the work yourself
4. Canada’s online Express Entry system is pretty easy to use and has been designed to allow people to do it themselves

Unless you have extremely complicated personal or employment circumstances or a criminal record, you’ll be able to find the same info a consultant would give you online for free, and much of it on this forum and the wiki.

+1 million!

The first step for the OP is to ascertain what steps they need to take to get Provincial Certification / licensing for their respective professions... both professions are compulsory certification ones.. and both may take several months or more to obtain.

Then use the CRS calculator to ascertain the points they might have for Express Entry, assuming that they will get top marks for IELTS. As a vet and a nurse - with young children, I would suspect that you will easily achieve over 430 and be in with a chance of an invite.

Being here n the next 1-2 years may be pushing it as you both need Provincial Certification as well as applying for Permanent Residency. Each Province has a different regulatory authority, both for vets and nursing.. so I would advise you (unusually) to decide which Province you are more likely to find work in and which you would prefer to live (although you could transfer to another Province, once you have obtained it in one).

I really wouldn't approach any Immigration Consultants - they WILL charge you a fortune and their advice will be no different to that which you can receive here for free from our many members, some of whom are in professions that advise on these matters.. but they will not charge you a penny.

I'm going to move your thread to the Canadian Immigration forum so that you can get advice.

Here's some links you may want to have a read through first:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ess-entry.html
https://www.cicic.ca/938/occupationa....canada?&id=45
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Nursing-Canada

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 15th 2018 at 5:19 am.