Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

After nearly exactly 3 years.........

After nearly exactly 3 years.........

Old Nov 12th 2008, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

dieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of light
Default After nearly exactly 3 years.........

we got home on Monday to find the magic brown envelope in our Canadian post box...our PR medical requests have finally arrived. After the initial ecstasy we then mocked each other's 3 year old photos (I'm sure my haircut was cool back then)... As the Canadians had Tuesday as a holiday for Remembrance Day we were able to celebrate without fear of throbbing hangovers at work the next day.

They have requested yet more UK police certificates even though we had already sent them with our initial application and also with our 90 day letter. But sending it three times is a small price to pay for having the medicals finally arrive.

The past 9 months in Canada have certainly had their ups and downs, and we are currently in a slight down (insecure in our jobs, ICBC are being little Nazis, and missing family & friends etc..)... but having a little bit of good news makes all the difference.:
Old Nov 12th 2008, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future
Default Re: After nearly exactly 3 years.........

Originally Posted by dieseltank
we got home on Monday to find the magic brown envelope in our Canadian post box...our PR medical requests have finally arrived. After the initial ecstasy we then mocked each other's 3 year old photos (I'm sure my haircut was cool back then)... As the Canadians had Tuesday as a holiday for Remembrance Day we were able to celebrate without fear of throbbing hangovers at work the next day.

They have requested yet more UK police certificates even though we had already sent them with our initial application and also with our 90 day letter. But sending it three times is a small price to pay for having the medicals finally arrive.

The past 9 months in Canada have certainly had their ups and downs, and we are currently in a slight down (insecure in our jobs, ICBC are being little Nazis, and missing family & friends etc..)... but having a little bit of good news makes all the difference.:
Many congratulations.... at last you know you are moving on. I know the feeling about having an insecure job, so hang on in there.... in a few months, all being well, you'll have your PR and it'll all be worth it
Old Nov 12th 2008, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Congratulations Dieseltank, that's great news. Finally and about time.....

Ray
Old Nov 12th 2008, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

dieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of light

thanks.

My medicals are next week, so I will be doing lots of press-ups and jogging on the spot in preparation..

The good lady wife has already had a medical which is on the system (she needed it to allow her to work with children on a TWP), we are just trying to find out if she needs to pay for it all over again as it was only 5 months ago or whether she needs to do the whole medical again.

I emailed the CHC to make sure they actually received our latest Police checks that we sent in March 08, as its odd that they are asking for new ones especially as we've been living in Canada since they got the last ones. I'm not going to let this delay things, so if I don't hear anything back in the next day or so then I'll look at getting them again. I'll just need to search the forum for a link to getting UK police reports while living in Canada... previously we just popped into the local CopShop in London.

Last edited by dieseltank; Nov 12th 2008 at 7:15 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

thanks.

My medicals are next week, so I will be doing lots of press-ups and jogging on the spot in preparation..

The good lady wife has already had a medical which is on the system (she needed it to allow her to work with children on a TWP), we are just trying to find out if she needs to pay for it all over again as it was only 5 months ago or whether she needs to do the whole medical again.

I emailed the CHC to make sure they actually received our latest Police checks that we sent in March 08, as its odd that they are asking for new ones especially as we've been living in Canada since they got the last ones. I'm not going to let this delay things, so if I don't hear anything back in the next day or so then I'll look at getting them again. I'll just need to search the forum for a link to getting UK police reports while living in Canada... previously we just popped into the local CopShop in London.

Good luck with the medical, hope things pick up for you
Thats strange they are requesting more police checks
Old Nov 14th 2008, 8:19 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats DieselTank.....i'm soo pleased for you

Hugs.....FK