After the LMO

Old Jan 12th 2013, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute
Default After the LMO

Hi all I am new to the forum,but have been looking into moving to Canada for almost a year now.
I do have a couple of questions for any experienced migrants.

I will find out on the 28th if I have a job in Edmonton,Alberta.

1.I have a partner and 3 daughters,my partner is telling me just to apply for myself just now,and then when I'm over if I am happy to apply for her and the kids.Can I do this,and is it advisable?

2.Im still a little in the dark about what happens when I am added to the companies bulk LMO,they told me it would take 2days to add me,then I simply arrive and apply for residency and my WP at the airport when I land?
Do I need to download,or apply for forms to be sent to me,or am I given these forms at the landing point/point of entry?
What paperwork do I require to take with me for this(birth certs,etc..)?

I know the employer may cover this with me on the 28th,I just like to be prepared in advance,as I would like to GTF as soon as I am on the LMO.

I am really looking forward to starting a new life over there,so far the employer has been REALLY positive saying I am an ideal candidate,and they can see no reason why the top boss would not employ me.
I was even offered a higher wage than what I had been expecting,subsidised flights(which I did not expect),and the use of the companies hostel.
I told the employer that I had not expected ANY help from them,and would have my own savings to support myself for around 3months.

I think that I have the job,but keeping my fingers crossed,8 years experience in my field is a big help with those labour shortages.