Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

After The Interview Will They Issue Passport Request?

Wikiposts

After The Interview Will They Issue Passport Request?

Old Jun 22nd 2004, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light
Default After The Interview Will They Issue Passport Request?

i'M CURRENTLY IN CANADA ON A WORK PERMIT, I ALSO APPILED FOR PR ALMOST 18 MONTHS AGO, THEY HAVE ASKED ME TO ATTEND AN INTERVIEW IN DETRIOT IN AUGUST, MY QUESTION IS... AFTER THE INTERVIEW IF ALL GOES WELL, WILL THEY ISSUE PASSPORT REQUESTS ON THE SPOT?
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 2:33 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: After The Interview Will They Issue Passport Request?

Nope, sorry. Interview is just part of the process and not the last one. It is required to make a selection decision. Only after positive selection decision is made background/security check will be initiated and it may take anywhere from few months to well over a year to conclude, depending from your nationality, background and countries of residence.

Originally posted by celine_uk
i'M CURRENTLY IN CANADA ON A WORK PERMIT, I ALSO APPILED FOR PR ALMOST 18 MONTHS AGO, THEY HAVE ASKED ME TO ATTEND AN INTERVIEW IN DETRIOT IN AUGUST, MY QUESTION IS... AFTER THE INTERVIEW IF ALL GOES WELL, WILL THEY ISSUE PASSPORT REQUESTS ON THE SPOT?
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

thank you for your reply,

We already have our background checks etc (it was mailed to Detroit 6 weeks ago, the reason for my interview is to prove my common law relationship with my partner, we have our caps notes and initially they were going to issue passport requests without an interview but decided that we hadn't made our relationship clear enough so they requested an interview, considering we already have our background checks completed do you still think they could take up to 1 year to issue passport requests?
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 6:03 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

What "background checks" were mailed to Detroit? Police certificates? They are needed for criminal check and have absolutely nothing to do with security check.

thank you for your reply,

We already have our background checks etc (it was mailed to Detroit 6 weeks ago, the reason for my interview is to prove my common law relationship with my partner, we have our caps notes and initially they were going to issue passport requests without an interview but decided that we hadn't made our relationship clear enough so they requested an interview, considering we already have our background checks completed do you still think they could take up to 1 year to issue passport requests?
Old Jun 24th 2004, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
What "background checks" were mailed to Detroit? Police certificates? They are needed for criminal check and have absolutely nothing to do with security check.

Sorry I should have been more clear, RMCP mailed our background/security/finger prints and we have our police clearance from the UK too.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 6:11 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI Celine

Sorry I should have been more clear, RMCP mailed our background/security/finger prints and we have our police clearance from the UK too.

The fingerprints were just for your criminal records, check nothing to do with secruity background check.

PMM