After 4 years wait

Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

fitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud of
Default After 4 years wait

I am finally landing this friday to pick up my residency. I applied for skilled worker with no job offer - i had enough points.

During that time i have got married and had 2 kids, bought a house and settled down into a great little village in the UK. funny how life works out.

The process has been pretty long and hampered by more than a few glitches - like a query over what test do i need for having contracted TB 20 years ago, the one the UK does is not recognized in Canada, or sending the wrong medical certificate for my wife's medical. Taking days off to attend medicals/drop off passports etc..

In the end i got 6 weeks notice to land because of a long delay with my medical and my wife's (waiting for the form) that was just before xmas so i have been in the position of going down to the embassy dropping off our passports and then booking flights hoping that there are no issues and i get them back on time. Travelling in the snow to london to catch a 1 hour window to drop off the passports was an adventure.

To those in process the main bit of advice I would give is if you aren't sure the embassy are dealing with your issue - what ever it is - then write to them again. I waited 4 months for my wife's new medical form - when i reminded them it came a week later. I found the email query system worked quite well.

It is quite relief not to be measuring photo sizes and providing list of places i have lived for 10 years etc. 3rd set of police check etc..We are going to go out, see friends and see where we go from there. Telling our family that we got a yes has been a hard experience - expectations have changed now there are grandchildren around.

If any one reading this has has TB and is worrying about it - the final resolution for me was that i have to report to the Canadian Health authorities within 30 days of landing and inform them of my where abouts - i guess i would then be called in for screening. It is a condition of me landing and on the paperwork they give you.

Apparently the wait has reduced dramatically for people in the new system. My friend and i applied for visas at the same time - he has been living in NZ for 3 years now.

Best wishes and good luck to all who are still in the process

Roj
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:30 am

MrMrsChapman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: After 4 years wait

Congratulations! Thats really positive news, your patience has obviously paid off

As someone just starting the immigration process, hearing positive stories and successful applications coming through really boosts our confidence in applying ourselves.

Fingers crossed we all get a happy ending
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:32 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

After all this time - congrats
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, enjoy your trip and goodluck for the future.

Poppit
Old Jan 26th 2010, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Many congratulations on reaching the end of your l-o-n-g road and all the very best for the future.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by fitchmeister
I am finally landing this friday to pick up my residency. I applied for skilled worker with no job offer - i had enough points.

During that time i have got married and had 2 kids, bought a house and settled down into a great little village in the UK. funny how life works out.

The process has been pretty long and hampered by more than a few glitches - like a query over what test do i need for having contracted TB 20 years ago, the one the UK does is not recognized in Canada, or sending the wrong medical certificate for my wife's medical. Taking days off to attend medicals/drop off passports etc..

In the end i got 6 weeks notice to land because of a long delay with my medical and my wife's (waiting for the form) that was just before xmas so i have been in the position of going down to the embassy dropping off our passports and then booking flights hoping that there are no issues and i get them back on time. Travelling in the snow to london to catch a 1 hour window to drop off the passports was an adventure.

To those in process the main bit of advice I would give is if you aren't sure the embassy are dealing with your issue - what ever it is - then write to them again. I waited 4 months for my wife's new medical form - when i reminded them it came a week later. I found the email query system worked quite well.

It is quite relief not to be measuring photo sizes and providing list of places i have lived for 10 years etc. 3rd set of police check etc..We are going to go out, see friends and see where we go from there. Telling our family that we got a yes has been a hard experience - expectations have changed now there are grandchildren around.

If any one reading this has has TB and is worrying about it - the final resolution for me was that i have to report to the Canadian Health authorities within 30 days of landing and inform them of my where abouts - i guess i would then be called in for screening. It is a condition of me landing and on the paperwork they give you.

Apparently the wait has reduced dramatically for people in the new system. My friend and i applied for visas at the same time - he has been living in NZ for 3 years now.

Roj
Good luck and happy landing!
Old Jan 26th 2010, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Good news!!!! Good luck with the landing
lol
Stef

QUOTE=fitchmeister;8284913]I am finally landing this friday to pick up my residency. I applied for skilled worker with no job offer - i had enough points.

Roj[/QUOTE]
Old Jan 26th 2010, 10:12 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Best of luck with your landing
Old Jan 27th 2010, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Big congrats you've earned it & and all the best for the future

regards
Joinerboy
Old Jan 27th 2010, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Happy days fitchmeister, what a wait you've had. Only someone who is or has been through the process can truely understand what it's like to be in limbo mentally. Life goes on but running in the background is this whole potentially life-changing thread to everything we do.

People keep asking me whether I've heard anything, on a weekly basis or more sometimes.....Don't they realise that I would have been telling them if anything had changed BEFORE they would have a chance to ask me?

Happy landing
Old Jan 27th 2010, 7:41 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on reaching the end of the road Roj
Old Jan 27th 2010, 9:17 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome news!

It's been a long road, but the wait is over..... congratulations!

I landed yesterday

Old Jan 27th 2010, 7:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, what a wait eh, now you can relax and enjoy