After 1039 days ........

Old May 9th 2008, 4:48 am
IRM
Chicken Cheese-Arse

IRM is a jewel in the roughIRM is a jewel in the roughIRM is a jewel in the roughIRM is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: After 1039 days ........

Originally Posted by snoopster
Got your news yesterday from a very excited daughter at school!
Did a little 'whoopeee!' for you in the corridor!

Sad you aren't going to Calgary anymore but understand why...anyway...it opens up some great 'short break' opportunities for you and us!

Our meds are booked now for Whitsun week. What with SATs and Jake in Cromer...we're having to wait longer than we wanted but hey ho.
Neil hands in his notice next week so scary, but so exciting!!

Love to you all

The Stophers xxx
Hi guys, good to here from you.

Can't believe its finally happened, it'll be your turn soon.

We took the girls out for an Italian last night to celebrate at which Rhian said "As we're going to Canada shouldn't we be going for a Canadian?". I told her there wasn't a Timmies nearby

Good luck for your meds, keep us informed.

Love from us all.

PS: Dell went to hand in hers today but the boss was away, hopefully Monday.
Old May 9th 2008, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and best wishes!
Old May 12th 2008, 3:49 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by IRM
Hi guys, good to here from you.

Can't believe its finally happened, it'll be your turn soon.

We took the girls out for an Italian last night to celebrate at which Rhian said "As we're going to Canada shouldn't we be going for a Canadian?". I told her there wasn't a Timmies nearby

Good luck for your meds, keep us informed.

Love from us all.

PS: Dell went to hand in hers today but the boss was away, hopefully Monday.
Congrats to you all but I don't think the celebrating will stop for sometime yet. The feeling must be so great to know that you are going.

I was screaming and dancing around my house when i got the 90 day letter Apr 08. lol

Can you tell me what point do you know that you are getting a visa, and how? is it after the medicals or is when they request your passports?

KJM
Old May 12th 2008, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

You only know you are getting your visa when they ask for the passports.

Though usually you have a good idea after the medical.

Don't worry, your time wll come soon.
Old May 12th 2008, 6:16 am
IRM
Chicken Cheese-Arse

IRM is a jewel in the roughIRM is a jewel in the roughIRM is a jewel in the roughIRM is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by britsnake

Hi KJM & Britsnake,

When we received our med requests we had a separate letter stating we should submit our passports 30 days after our meds had been completed.

The med examiner said he couldn't see any reason why the 4 of us wouldnt get through. This was borne out when I phoned a couple of days later to check the blood work and x-rays were ok.

As the time went on I checked the post daily to see if anything had arrived from the CHC (to tell us something was wrong) but as nothing did I felt more and more comfortable.

This feeling grew as we waited for the 2 week period between dropping off and picking up passports as, again, nothing came. However all this confidence disappeared on the day as I couldn't believe it was all coming to an end. I only believed it when the passports and COPR were in my hand

Best of Luck

IRM
Old May 12th 2008, 8:02 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by britsnake

Thanks for your speedy reply....I have waited this long so I can wait a little longer.lol
Old May 12th 2008, 8:06 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IRM
Hi KJM & Britsnake,

When we received our med requests we had a separate letter stating we should submit our passports 30 days after our meds had been completed.

The med examiner said he couldn't see any reason why the 4 of us wouldnt get through. This was borne out when I phoned a couple of days later to check the blood work and x-rays were ok.

As the time went on I checked the post daily to see if anything had arrived from the CHC (to tell us something was wrong) but as nothing did I felt more and more comfortable.

This feeling grew as we waited for the 2 week period between dropping off and picking up passports as, again, nothing came. However all this confidence disappeared on the day as I couldn't believe it was all coming to an end. I only believed it when the passports and COPR were in my hand

Best of Luck

IRM
The whole progress can make you nervous so it was good of your med examiner to give you some feedback. Who was it?

KJM
Old May 12th 2008, 7:22 pm
IRM
Chicken Cheese-Arse

Originally Posted by KJM
The whole progress can make you nervous so it was good of your med examiner to give you some feedback. Who was it?

KJM
Hi KJM

sent PM

IRM
Old May 13th 2008, 5:23 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IRM
Hi KJM

sent PM

IRM
Thank you for the PM and good luck

KJM