Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Is an AEO required for fast track PR?

Is an AEO required for fast track PR?

Old Feb 19th 2009, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

livtastic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is an AEO required for fast track PR?

Hey everyone, I am in Canada working full time with a permenant job offer, category '0' in the NOC matrix and also in a job under the BC Occupations under pressure. Im about to send off my application but wanted to confirm if I need an AEO? I will have a job offer, contract with conditions, pay etc and pay slips so wanted to double check that is all I need?
Any advice much appriciated, I know you have been very helpful in the past Judy.
thanks
Livtastic
Old Feb 19th 2009, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Ron Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really nice
Default Re: Is an AEO required for fast track PR?

Do you have a positive Labour Market Opinion?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

I dont need an LMO as I already have a work permit.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by livtastic
I dont need an LMO as I already have a work permit.
I think what Ron meant was did you have to get an LMO to get your current work permit?

It all depends what type of work permit you are in Canada on whether you need to apply for an AEO to get PR
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

Ah okay im with you now sorry. I am on a BUNAC WHP and got the job when I arrived. thanks
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by livtastic
Ah okay im with you now sorry. I am on a BUNAC WHP and got the job when I arrived. thanks
Then you will definitely need to get your employer to apply for an AEO for you.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Liv

Here's the page from the CIC website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...employment.asp

Good luck with it mate, nice to see you earlier and hope you have a lovely weekend. Hope work continues to go well.

Take care

Adele xxx
Old Feb 20th 2009, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adele
Hey Liv

Here's the page from the CIC website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...employment.asp

Good luck with it mate, nice to see you earlier and hope you have a lovely weekend. Hope work continues to go well.

Take care

Adele xxx
Oh and don't be fooled by the first question in the AEO application...they just didn't update the forms when they changed the regulations a few years ago.