AEO or LMO?

Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

DannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant future
Default AEO or LMO?

I am getting totally confused. What is the difference between a Labour Market Opinion and an Arranged Employment Opinion?

As far as I know, my husband's prospective employer has been approved as a company that can employ a foreigner, but is waiting to hear what category they can employ in. I guess that means they are waiting for an LMO?

I have emailed the prospective employer to get more info on what is going on, but haven't had a reply yet.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:38 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AEO or LMO?

Hi. There's a heap of info in the website's 'WIKI' section (located at the top of the page)

If you check out this bit for AEO......http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...PR_Application

And this bit for LMO......http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...Market_Opinion

Hope that helps!
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:07 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DannyCane
I am getting totally confused. What is the difference between a Labour Market Opinion and an Arranged Employment Opinion?

As far as I know, my husband's prospective employer has been approved as a company that can employ a foreigner, but is waiting to hear what category they can employ in. I guess that means they are waiting for an LMO?

I have emailed the prospective employer to get more info on what is going on, but haven't had a reply yet.
AEO
-is for a permanent job
-supports a skilled worker Permanent Residency application only (expedited processing and additional points)
-can not get temporary visa, so you move over here once PR granted

LMO
-is for a temporary job
-once working in Canada, if employer also offers to convert temp job into permanent job on being granted PR status, then this also supports a skilled worker Permanent Residency application (expedited processing and additional points)
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

DannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant future

Okay, so I get the difference now. Thanks for that.

The job offer my husband has is for a permanent position. In fact, the company really wants to employ my husband. They've got to know us over the past 3 years of us visiting, and say they don't want to employ anybody else. They've already had several others (Canadians) in the position over the past few years, and nobody has worked out.

I stillhaven't had an email reply from them, though, asking whether it's a LMO they have applied for. I assume it is though.

Our PR application is in the skilled worker category, but as far as we know the prospective employer wants to try and get us over on TWP, which should then speed up the PR application. A bit of a sneeky way of doing it, but if it works...

We just didn't realise that these LMO's take such a long time to come through.

Oh, am I right in assuming that we have to wait for the LMO before we can apply for TWP? How long does that process normally take?
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, am I right in assuming that we have to wait for the LMO before we can apply for TWP? How long does that process normally take?
The time which a LMO takes depends on where the job is and this differs from province to province - you will need to wait for a positive LMO before you go ahead to apply for a TWP.

Do a forum search for LMO or TWP and you should bring up a thread where people have been adding their LMO details ie when applied and when received.

Good Luck

Gaynor
x
Old Feb 20th 2008, 7:03 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

I stillhaven't had an email reply from them, though, asking whether it's a LMO they have applied for. .
You should pick up the phone and talk to them.

Oh, am I right in assuming that we have to wait for the LMO before we can apply for TWP?
If the employer already has submitted an application for an LMO, I believe you have to wait for the LMO to come through, and then you can apply for a TWP.

If you had had your ducks in a row, you could have opted for Concurrent Processing.

However, I don't think it makes a huge difference either way. If anything is going to take a long time, it's going to be the LMO. In provinces in which LMOs are taking a long time to be granted, and unfortuantely Alberta is one of them, concurrent processing doesn't mean a great deal. Once the LMO is granted, the TWP application process is relatively quick.

In post #959 of the HRSDC LMO Timeline thread, someone said it took 35 weeks for his LMO to come through (he was headed for Alberta).

I don't think you've told us what your husband does. There are 33 occupations that are eligible for Expedited LMOs in Alberta and BC. According to reports on this forum, the E-LMO process really does work. One forum member said that his E-LMO came through in 4 days.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Our PR application under the skilled worker category listed quite a few eligible occupations for my husband. Due to his 23 years in the Army, he aquired many qualifications and long work experiences, ranging from managerial positions to Diving Instructor.

However, all that I know (think I know) about the LMO is, that it was applied for, for an unskilled worker. Otherwise (so we were told) the job might not have fit in with the skilled occupations listed on our PR application. Confused yet? I am!

My husband are going to give the prospective employer a few more days before we contact them again. They run a very busy company and don't always find the time to get back to us right away.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 7:27 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Our PR application under the skilled worker category listed quite a few eligible occupations for my husband. Due to his 23 years in the Army, he aquired many qualifications and long work experiences, ranging from managerial positions to Diving Instructor.

However, all that I know (think I know) about the LMO is, that it was applied for, for an unskilled worker. Otherwise (so we were told) the job might not have fit in with the skilled occupations listed on our PR application. Confused yet? I am!

My husband are going to give the prospective employer a few more days before we contact them again. They run a very busy company and don't always find the time to get back to us right away.
Getting an LMO for unskilled work will not expedite your skilled worker application. In fact it could put you in a difficult position, as you won't be eligible for a spousal work permit, plus it may raise questions about skilled work application (why is a skilled worker working in Canada in an unskilled job).

Search though posts by Andrew Miller, as I'm sure he posted something about this the other day....
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:08 am
Just Joined

gvcedu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
I am currently working as an intra- company
transferee in Vancouver. If there is a different employer would like to give me an offer, coulds I pursuant to R82 and award 10 points in Arranged Employement?
Please kindly advise!!!!