Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AEO applicants..Past and Present ?????

AEO applicants..Past and Present ?????

Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

gillan85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AEO applicants..Past and Present ?????

I have perused the threads and seem to struggle to find anybody going down the AEO (arranged employment opinion) route. I would love to hear about your experience if you have been successful or if you are still going down this route...or if you know anybody who has done it this way.....We have just applied at the end of Oct 2010 and have been told to anticipate 6 months for a reply from HRSDC ......would love to hear other peoples experiences please
Old Feb 18th 2011, 11:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AEO applicants..Past and Present ?????

I'm not sure you'll find anybody else going down that route tbh, as most just do the LMO/TWP to get over asap. Few employers are prepared to wait 18 months, so I think you'll be in the minority, but maybe somebody will pop up.

Good luck, hope it goes well.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

silversurfer101 is an unknown quantity at this point

A group of us are leaving the RAF and joining the CF. We are awaiting our Citizenship Waiver(CW) and then we will be passed to CFRG HQ who will arrange for an AEO, this is the route we are using. We submitted our documents for our PLAR and the CF are keen to take our skills. We expect to hear from the CW in a month or so and then they reckon it will be about a further 12 months.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Elen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really nice

Hi there! I have applied for PR in Dec 2010 under the new rules after June 2010 with AEO.

I have to say waiting for the AEO to come back has been the most stressful part of the application process so far! When my employer applied for the AEO it was anticipated that it would be roughly 6-8 weeks to process and as you rightly said it actually took 6 months!

A lady from the government phoned my employer with a few questions and she had to provide a lot of paperwork for them. I was so relieved when the AEO was given and that I could use it in my PR application

It isn't easy waiting for it though and you can't apply for the overall application Category 2 until you get the AEO approved
Old Mar 24th 2011, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Elen1981
Hi there! I have applied for PR in Dec 2010 under the new rules after June 2010 with AEO.

I have to say waiting for the AEO to come back has been the most stressful part of the application process so far! When my employer applied for the AEO it was anticipated that it would be roughly 6-8 weeks to process and as you rightly said it actually took 6 months!

A lady from the government phoned my employer with a few questions and she had to provide a lot of paperwork for them. I was so relieved when the AEO was given and that I could use it in my PR application

It isn't easy waiting for it though and you can't apply for the overall application Category 2 until you get the AEO approved
It was good to hear from you and I am keen to know more.....we were told from the outset that the AEO would take approx 5-7 months which we need before we apply for PR...and it is good that you are a little way ahead of us as you can let us know what to expect as time goes by....It will be five months at the end of this month for us...so anytime soon You mentioned that you applied for PR in December...did you have all the paperwork for the PR application ready to send as soon as the AEO was finalised ( so as there was no delay)? And have you had any contact or information since December outlining the status of your application?....I just wondered whether having the AEO to support the application may speed things up a little. Thanks in advance
Old Mar 24th 2011, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Elen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really nice

We tried (myself and boyfriend) to get as much paperwork done as possible before the AEO was approved but it was difficult at the time in that we had no realistic time-frame to go on and we were also reluctant to start the difficult process of eg getting 10 years worth of job references until we knew for sure that the AEO would be approved!

My advice to you is to do as much as you can so that no time is wasted sending off the whole application once the AEO is approved ()!

Since sending the PR Category 2 application off to CIC we have received our PER (Positive Eligibility Review) via email through our immigration lawyer at the start of this month (March 2011)

Our ECAS status now says 'in process' but I hear that the system isn't always right so don't take it as gospel!
Old Mar 24th 2011, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

We have done most of the paperwork...just a few loose ends..photos etc as advised by our consultant...If you sent your application off in Dec..out of curiosity ....when did you get the AEO confirmed...?
Old Mar 24th 2011, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Ironically we got the AEO approved on Canada Day 1st July! (2010). Granted it was another 5 months before we got the whole application in but that was because of few dates available to do the IELTS test and a couple of previous employers being extremely slow to send back references!
Old Mar 24th 2011, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Whereabouts are you heading to and have you managed to do a recce before you land?
Old Mar 25th 2011, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Edmonton in Alberta. We were there for a year on a BUNAC open work visa from 08-09 so we know the place pretty well