Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AEO for 7 IT speciality occupations

Wikiposts

AEO for 7 IT speciality occupations

Old Jan 6th 2008, 11:23 am
Just Joined

MelDeb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AEO for 7 IT speciality occupations

Hello everyone,

As I understand it, the 7 IT speciality occupations listed in HRSDC website http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaces.../itexemp.shtml do NOT need HRSDC approval while applying for temporary workpermit.

I was wondering if it is also the case while applying for PR - Skilled Worker Category with AEO in one of the above 7 occupations? Is getting the Employment offer from Canadian employer sufficient to get the extra 10 points and also expedite the PR procees? This surely will save time as there is no need to get HRSDC approval.

If not, could some one explain the steps involved in getting AEO?

I closely fall into one of those 7 categories and would like to come to Canada with a PR and not workpermit if possible.

Thank you
Debbie.

OZ from Melbourne.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:30 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AEO for 7 IT speciality occupations

If it is the case then why won't you just fly now to Canada, get work permit at the port of entry, start working here and then apply for PR?

But if you insist on not working in Canada before becoming a PR then employer must apply for AEO to HRSDC. Only positive AEO issued by HRSDC will count as arranged employment in such case.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 2:30 pm
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AEO for 7 IT speciality occupations

The way I understand it is you dont need an LMO for these occupations hence WP is a "formality" - you just provide the job spec and written job offer at the port of entry (plus other bits and pieces obviously). BUT you need the job offer first. And there's the snag.

I too am in IT. I too qualify for a couple of the categories. The challenge is getting someone to talk to you (a subject done to death on here - see the wiki). The other is getting a piece of paper from an employer that corresponds to one of the 9990.x series NOC code job specs.

Talking to people in the game, even HR in Canada, its clear most dont have a clue about NOC codes, in particular the precious 9990.x series.

So now your challenge is:
a) Impress would-be employer
b) Pursuade would-be employer to make a pretty exact job spec

I hope it works for you. I really didnt for me after initial high hopes.

wbx