Advise re interview in Berlin

Old Feb 19th 2008, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

trudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nice
Default Advise re interview in Berlin

Hi everyone,

We have just received notice from Berlin that they require us for an interview for our Skilled worker PR application.
Firstly, will we be informed before the interview what the problem is – or will it be sprung on us when we get there.
Secondly, is it possible to get in touch to say when we will not be available. I am now working in Canada and my husband won’t finish his full time electrician and BC Search and Rescue course until the end of June.
Please don’t misunderstand me – if necessary we will drop everything at a second’s notice and head to Germany, but if there is some leeway that would be helpful.

Thanks
Trudy and Neal
Old Feb 19th 2008, 2:33 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advise re interview in Berlin

No, you will not be notified what the problem is. Law requires interview in SW and few other classes only if final decision (positive or negative) can't be made on the basis of info and evidence submitted with application. So, interview call, although a bad news resulting in a lot of delays in the process, is also a good news - officer didn't refuse your case outright and is giving you chance to fight.

Interview call clearly indicates that application was poorly prepared and evidence submitted is not conclusive enough and/or that some contradictions found during the process - and some or all of the above raised so serious doubts that requesting additional evidence won't fix it.

You should immediately seek assistance, have your representative obtain CAIPS printout and full access to file (as CAIPS often won't tell the whole story), find out what exact reason(s) are behind the interview call and try to provide additional evidence that may still bring interview waiver - and if not then to prepare you for the interview.

I feel bad repeating myself here - but using professional help with application wouldn't be as expensive as loss of time in the process, costs associated now with attending the interview and with fixing your file.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

trudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nicetrudyparry is just really nice
Default Re: Advise re interview in Berlin

Andrew
Thank you for that.
We have actually been using Abrams & Krochak, Canadian Immigration Lawyers, we both felt with something so important as this we would pay to have it all correct.
They have not advised us of any of the info you have told us about, in fact all contact with the embassy has just been passed on to us and we have been told to submit the info to the embassy and email the lawyers copies.

Thanks for your help we thought it was not such a big deal as the lawyers gave no indication.

We will contact them asap.

Trudy and Neal