advise and information

Old Oct 18th 2002, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

johnparker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default advise and information

hello again

this is really a background review of my situation , myself and partner went to canada in june 2002 we went to toronto and vancouver, toronto was ok for the falls but we fell in love with vancouver, the mountains the sea the people and the price of living out there was just so cheap , we were offered to buy a 9 bedroomed house for £150,000 english how cheap is that. anyway when we got back we decided to surf the internet and this is why i am here today telling you our story.
We thought we would first of all to see how many points i would be getting, we we did the assesment and we have scored about 69 points which is a little low now becasuse of the change in the law in canada , before june 28th you could get into canada at 70 points but they are now making it harder for people to get into for some reason , to me it appears that they need the skilled people but they are making it harder for you to get in , i am a toolmaker/miller turner by trade and they are crying out for them but not in vancouver it appears it is more of the insustrial side ie ontario places like nelson, halifax etc, so up to now we have so much good feedback from people that we are now attending tommorrow 19/10/2002 a seminar at swindon mariott hotel this is a free to eveyone and we are going to see what they have to offer they are called four corners HAS ANYONE USED THEM BEFORE IF SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU FOUND THEM my advise to you out there if you want something so badly you can get anything you need the determination then your dream will happen, so even though i have 69 points thought there is other ways that you can get points for example you could go on a work visa for a year and that would give you 5 points and while you are out there you could get a job offer and that would be an extra 10 points so if i got this my score would be 84 points so there is light at the end of the tunnel, as long as you can stick with it and search every avenue then your dream will come true. anyway if i can be of any help to anyone please email me on [email protected] and i would love to hear your storys, we will be propberly apply for a work visa early part of next year now but i will let you know how the seminar went with four corners

any thanks for listening

many thanks

john parker and bev smith
Old Oct 18th 2002, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

dougall is an unknown quantity at this point

Last edited by dougall; Jan 26th 2003 at 11:53 am.