Advise for application please.

Old Aug 5th 2018, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Robg2271 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advise for application please.

Hi.

I am looking for advise as I applied on the cic website and got an email within 5 mins saying I have been unsuccessful.

I am 27. Single.

I have completed an ielts test and got 8 on all of the subjects.

I left school with all c grade and above. I completed an apprenciship with BT Openreach in Telecommunications and obtained a Merit over all in my diploma. I have completed a load of NVQs (I'm aware they are not recognised). After finishing the apprenticeship I progressed and have worked in most lines of business and also been a manager within the company for 4 years. I have been working for BT for almost 11 years.

I have savings over £15,000 which Is over what is required.

I have no police convictions or cautions of any kind.

based on the above would you advise wether I have more than likely done something wrong on the application (I did struggle on a few of the things) or am I lacking something glaringly obvious.

I am looking at possibly using Haskew law who are an immigration company if it's because I made mistakes.

thanks.

Rob
Old Aug 5th 2018, 9:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advise for application please.

What is your exact NOC code/occupation and how long have you done it for?
Old Aug 5th 2018, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

I've been a telecommunication engineer/ installer/ manager for 11 years. The NOC code is

7246 Telecommunications installation and repair workers

hope this helps.
Old Aug 5th 2018, 9:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robg2271 View Post
I've been a telecommunication engineer/ installer/ manager for 11 years. The NOC code is

7246 Telecommunications installation and repair workers

hope this helps.
Perfect, thanks. OK, so that's a Skill Level B job, so definitely counts as skilled work experience. What did you put as your education level?
Old Aug 5th 2018, 9:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
Perfect, thanks. OK, so that's a Skill Level B job, so definitely counts as skilled work experience. What did you put as your education level?
And just checking, but you have got an ECA? It's just that you mention the IELTS, but not the ECA - both are mandatory.
Old Aug 5th 2018, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

I put down diploma for the education level as I obtained a Merit over all. It didnt seem to specify what it was in though. I also out down a few other subjects from secondary school such as Science, english and business stuides. To be honest I got a bit confused by what I was supposed to put down and what I should have left out. And what it comes under.

I was obviously thinking that having a diploma, being a member of the institute and having 11 years of experience at lots of levels within the company would be a benefit and that's what would primarily be looked at.

I wasn't aware of the ECA. It didn't ask me about that on the application. Did I miss that or is it something I would need had i/ if I get to the next stage.
Old Aug 5th 2018, 10:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I wasn't aware of the ECA. It didn't ask me about that on the application. Did I miss that or is it something I would need had i/ if I get to the next stage.
That'll be it then, from what you've said you should have scored enough to enter the EE pool as a FSW, but without the ECA you're simply not eligible. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...d-workers.html and Do I need an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) to apply as a federal skilled worker?

It's not something you need at the next stage, you need it when first applying to enter the EE pool. So get that applied for and hopefully that should sort it.

Do also check your CRS score if you haven't already, just to make sure that it's worth applying for the ECA, best to make sure you're scoring enough to be in with a chance of being selected before paying for it.

HTH.
Old Aug 5th 2018, 10:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

P.S. When you say apprenticeship I've assumed it was at least a couple of years, but I've just realised you've not specifically said, so what duration did you put for the diploma? 1/2/3 year? You'll need a 2 year as a minimum to be scoring enough if I've calculated correctly. Being a member of an institute or moving up within the company make no difference to a visa application unfortunately, it's all down to points scores and meeting the other criteria such as funds, medical, etc.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 5th 2018 at 10:38 pm.
Old Aug 5th 2018, 10:45 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

I put down diploma for the education level as I obtained a Merit over all.
A degree or diploma? Telecoms Engineering Jobs
Old Aug 5th 2018, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

You should consider IEC (2 year Work Permit). That might make more sense at your age in your situation. You can work anywhere in any job apart from vulnerable people (you'd need a medical) or in the sex trade. There is no points system for this but working in Canada will allow you to accrue more points towards immigrating if you secure a skilled job.

Last edited by Snowy560; Aug 5th 2018 at 11:29 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2018, 6:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
P.S. When you say apprenticeship I've assumed it was at least a couple of years, but I've just realised you've not specifically said, so what duration did you put for the diploma? 1/2/3 year? You'll need a 2 year as a minimum to be scoring enough if I've calculated correctly. Being a member of an institute or moving up within the company make no difference to a visa application unfortunately, it's all down to points scores and meeting the other criteria such as funds, medical, etc.
it was a 3 year appretenticship which I completed in 2.5 years. I put down 3 though as all of my documents show a 3 year gap between starting and finishing.
Old Aug 6th 2018, 6:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
A degree or diploma? Telecoms Engineering Jobs
degree... sorry. Didnt even realise I had put diploma till you pointed it out. I did put degree on my application though.
Old Aug 6th 2018, 1:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

degree... sorry. Didnt even realise I had put diploma till you pointed it out. I did put degree on my application though.
OK, so if you have a degree then you're definitely scoring enough to qualify as a FSW, seems that the only issue is your lack of ECA. So check your CRS score and if it's enough, then get the ECA applied for asap!

Good luck.