Advice wanted please!

Old Aug 24th 2019, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Mastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advice wanted please!

Hello all,

I am just after some advice on the best way for my husband and I to move to Canada with our 3 children (8, 4 & 1). This is something we have wanted to do for a while but have never actually looked into it until now and feel a bit lost in all the information as to whats the best way for us. Our background is; I am educated to Masters Degree level and have worked in HR/recruitment administrator roles for the past 2 years. My Husband works in car production in a supervisor based role and has been doing this for roughly 5 years. He has also started an open uni degree in business and has completed his first year.

I have calculated our CRS which comes out at 456 and foreign skilled worker score element is 72. However, when checking eligibility for EE using their eligibility questionnaire this states we are not eligible which is confusing as we seem to score ok using the CRS questions?

Any advice would be appreciated? Thanks!

Last edited by Mastersgrad; Aug 24th 2019 at 8:18 am.
Old Aug 24th 2019, 9:51 am
Just Joined

globetrotting is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice wanted please!

Originally Posted by Mastersgrad
Hello all,

I am just after some advice on the best way for my husband and I to move to Canada with our 3 children (8, 4 & 1). This is something we have wanted to do for a while but have never actually looked into it until now and feel a bit lost in all the information as to whats the best way for us. Our background is; I am educated to Masters Degree level and have worked in HR/recruitment administrator roles for the past 2 years. My Husband works in car production in a supervisor based role and has been doing this for roughly 5 years. He has also started an open uni degree in business and has completed his first year.

I have calculated our CRS which comes out at 456 and foreign skilled worker score element is 72. However, when checking eligibility for EE using their eligibility questionnaire this states we are not eligible which is confusing as we seem to score ok using the CRS questions?

Have you put in language test results?
Old Aug 24th 2019, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Mastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by globetrotting

Have you put in language test results?
yes, we haven’t undertaken any tests as of yet as we would only want to pay to do these if we had a good chance, so i put second to highest marks to not be over confident. Unsure why the questionnaire says we are ineligible when all others seem to suggest we have a good chance?
Old Aug 24th 2019, 12:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Are you saying you’ve got an ECA? And what amount are you putting for proof of funds?
Old Aug 24th 2019, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

to qualify for FSW you need to score 76 on the FSW point scheme. CRS is only applicable once you qualify. That being said it’s unusually to score well on CRS but not on FSW.
Old Aug 24th 2019, 11:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad

to qualify for FSW you need to score 76 on the FSW point scheme. CRS is only applicable once you qualify. That being said it’s unusually to score well on CRS but not on FSW.
Think you’ve got your numbers back to front....the qualifying score for FSW is 67, not 76.
Old Aug 24th 2019, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

Think you’ve got your numbers back to front....the qualifying score for FSW is 67, not 76.
haha oh yea, doh
Old Aug 25th 2019, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Are you saying you’ve got an ECA? And what amount are you putting for proof of funds?
I figured out, the proof of funds is where I was going wrong! I was rounding it to $25k for the sake of the questionnaire and this is what was making me ineligible, now I understand you need to meet the very specific figure they suggest per number of people which we are now going to save further for. Thanks for you help everyone!
Old Aug 25th 2019, 5:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I figured out, the proof of funds is where I was going wrong! I was rounding it to $25k for the sake of the questionnaire and this is what was making me ineligible, now I understand you need to meet the very specific figure they suggest per number of people which we are now going to save further for. Thanks for you help everyone!
Thought that might be it! It’s usually something simple like that. Worth noting the the POF amount is considered by most to be ludicrously low, so do aim for as much over it as you can. It won’t last long unfortunately! There are a few threads around with cost of moving figures which may be useful.

Good luck.
Old Sep 22nd 2019, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Frazzle is an unknown quantity at this point

It might be worth it for you to put the highest language score into the eligibilty calculator. It gives you an extra few points that might just push you into being eligible.
It is not all that difficult to hit high marks in IELTs if it is your first language and you can always retake them.