Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Advice required on education req please

Advice required on education req please

Old Jan 26th 2009, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

mcspcs is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Advice required on education req please

Hi
I came to canada in 2006 on TWP from uk and both my children attended high school and graduated(both had visitors pass), i changed jobs here and reapplied to labour market opinion for new work permit and was granted one and my children recieved study permits, my question is when they enroll in college will they be regarded as international students and have to pay international fees even though they graduated through the canadian high school system or are they regarded as standard students.
i have searched around and cannot find any answers on this, anybody have any idea or experienced something similar.
Regards
D
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:24 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice required on education req please

Originally Posted by mcspcs
Hi
I came to canada in 2006 on TWP from uk and both my children attended high school and graduated(both had visitors pass), i changed jobs here and reapplied to labour market opinion for new work permit and was granted one and my children recieved study permits, my question is when they enroll in college will they be regarded as international students and have to pay international fees even though they graduated through the canadian high school system or are they regarded as standard students.
i have searched around and cannot find any answers on this, anybody have any idea or experienced something similar.
Regards
D
As far as I'm aware they WILL have to pay international student fees if they dont have PR status or citizenship in Canada. If you obtain PR and get them PR as your dependent children then you would only pay the same fees as Canadians pay.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

mcspcs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice required on education req please

Thanks for the swift reply paul, just wanted a second opinion as i suspected that was the case.