Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Advice please - Thinking of heading back to BC

Wikiposts

Advice please - Thinking of heading back to BC

Old Dec 29th 2013, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

ste1070 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice please - Thinking of heading back to BC

Hi All,

We went out on a BC PNP nomination back in April this year. For one reason or another we seemed to struggle settling so we made, what we realise now, the rash decision to come back to the UK.

After coming back in August we are now regretting this move and we are thinking of trying again but moving to a different area. The deadline to submit my fast tracked PR application has expired as this was in August.

My query is that I still have the balance of my 2 year work permit left (will expire April 2015) and the employer that this is for is happy to re-employ me.

Would I be able to get this permit extended as I am sceptical I would get my PR through before April next year or would I need to or would it be best to submit a fresh PNP application?

Many thanks for your help
Old Dec 30th 2013, 12:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice please - Thinking of heading back to BC

The work permit is still valid. The permit could be extended if another PNP application was submitted and PR status had not yet been granted. You would still have to work for the same employer as stated on the work permit unless it was an open work permit (no specific employer).
Old Dec 30th 2013, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

ste1070 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice please - Thinking of heading back to BC

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
The work permit is still valid. The permit could be extended if another PNP application was submitted and PR status had not yet been granted. You would still have to work for the same employer as stated on the work permit unless it was an open work permit (no specific employer).
It will pay to get another PNP application in then you think? Would there be any advantage to doing it now or when I get out there and back working? We are also trying to work a strategy out as I have approval to sit Red Seal Industrial Electrician exam (am supervised at present). Wondering if to go out on my own for a week, sit this and hopefully pass then this will open up more opportunities with regards where we could go. I have no shortage of work offers but based on having the Red Seal.