British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Advice please - re Immigration Company (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/advice-please-re-immigration-company-661964/)

wenmos_44 Mar 31st 2010 3:39 am

Advice please - re Immigration Company

I know the subject of Immigration companies crop up alot in the forums but I am concerned about a company who have told my sons girlfriend that Canada is one of the easiest countries to get into and that they can get her into Canada, Working and a PR card within 6 months all for $589.00

My family and I live in Canada, my sons girlfriend is in the UK
I know 'something' about the immigration process and the length it took us, the heart ache, tears, the let down and finally the euphoria of being told everything had gone through. She witnessed all this and yet still thinks that she can get into Canada noooo problem!

The company is called Auris and are based in Toronto, I have tried to check the website but it comes 'This website is currently' unavailable.

I understand some people have been fortunate enough to get in Canada quite easy and within a short timeline, but for me, this seems to be to good to be true.

So basically my question is has anyone heard of them, know of them, has information to pass on, does alarm bells ring because they do for me!

Any feed back will be truly received. I have managed to get a telephone number from an email my sons girlfriend received so a phone call won't go a miss tomorrow!

Thank you all
Wendy

PMM Mar 31st 2010 5:19 am

Re: Advice please - re Immigration Company

Hi

Originally Posted by wenmos_44 (Post 8461736)
I know the subject of Immigration companies crop up alot in the forums but I am concerned about a company who have told my sons girlfriend that Canada is one of the easiest countries to get into and that they can get her into Canada, Working and a PR card within 6 months all for $589.00

My family and I live in Canada, my sons girlfriend is in the UK
I know 'something' about the immigration process and the length it took us, the heart ache, tears, the let down and finally the euphoria of being told everything had gone through. She witnessed all this and yet still thinks that she can get into Canada noooo problem!

The company is called Auris and are based in Toronto, I have tried to check the website but it comes 'This website is currently' unavailable.

I understand some people have been fortunate enough to get in Canada quite easy and within a short timeline, but for me, this seems to be to good to be true.

So basically my question is has anyone heard of them, know of them, has information to pass on, does alarm bells ring because they do for me!

Any feed back will be truly received. I have managed to get a telephone number from an email my sons girlfriend received so a phone call won't go a miss tomorrow!

Thank you all
Wendy

If you believe it, I have some property that I can sell at the next low tide. I suggest you do some reading at www.cic.gc.ca

BenB2 Mar 31st 2010 5:48 am

Hey,

The same firm promised me they could hook me up with Kate Beckinsale and Gwyneth Paltrow this weekend for some naked twister!

Even my psychic is skeptical, and the mate of mine who dowses for lay lines said he had better chance of finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

In all seriousness, £600 for visa consultancy with a promise of six months - they have to be fraudulent.

Ben

ClanickP Mar 31st 2010 6:55 am

In all seriousness, £600 for visa consultancy with a promise of six months - they have to be fraudulent.

Ben[/QUOTE]

Quoted nearly $600 not pounds, even better. If it sounds to good to be true then it probably is.

Siouxie Mar 31st 2010 6:07 pm

Hmmmmmm Auris don't pay for the extra bandwidth needed to maintain their site - not good news.

It seems that you apply for membership of their company (? fee for this?) and then they tell you your chances of attaining PR or work placement.

Conversely they have a facebook webpage lol.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/WWWAURISCA/205700548766

Website:http://www.auris.caCompany Overview:EMPLOYMENT IN CANADA

What sets Us apart from the rest

Our success always has, and always will be based on our ability to quickly adapt to our client’s needs. The Quality and Dedication of our HR consultants make the core of our success.Mission:Striving for perfection
Our success always has, and always will be based on our ability to quickly adapt to our client’s needs. The Quality and Dedication of our HR consultants make the core of our success.

Products:Services for Job-Seekers

Easy as 1, 2, 3 !
For the most part of the Job Vacancies available, we provide detailed specification outlining your duties, anticipated start date, salary information, company profile and much much more.. We invite you to move forward and Become our member.

As our member, We can help You in..

The preparation of your Resume, picking the right employer for You, as well as give you job interview tips and average salary estimates based on your field of interest. The first step is to see if your profession is listed on the HIGH-DEMAND OCCUPATIONS LIST.

Once You've identified your occupation, the next step for You will be to send us your resume for further evaluation.

Our agents usually reply in the next 48 hours, advising You of your chances of getting a good Job in Canada.

You might want to read this: http://www.thestar.com/news/article/226208 - Actually, it's an interesting article albeit 3 years old.

"... In March, the Star randomly selected dozens of for-profit immigration consultants and companies from ads in the GTA Yellow Pages and ethnic newspapers.

Undercover reporters called to see what advice they'd be given. To narrow the possible immigration options, reporters created nearly identical personal scenarios: They were young, single, poorly educated, lacking money, in Canada as visitors, and wanting to stay. At no point did reporters give any hint of grounds for a refugee claim. Conversations were held in Bengali, English, Hindi, Mandarin, Portuguese, Spanish and Urdu.

The responses were wildly inconsistent. Some 33 consultants and lawyers gave advice over the phone. (At least 15 were affiliated with the Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants or had CSIC members on staff.)

Only eight offered the best advice in the given scenario: Keep your money. Go home. You don't stand a chance.

Most suggested an in-person chat to determine the best immigration stream. Some recommended applying for a student visa, or applying for a work permit.

Arora and three others immediately suggested filing a refugee claim – over the phone and without hearing of any hardship. "There are no real refugees," one said. ...."

:)

wenmos_44 Mar 31st 2010 7:11 pm

Thank you to all have replied so far. :thumbsup:

I have to admit alarm bells rang as soon as my sons girlfriend told us. As I have mentioned before she saw what we went through and how she thinks that emigrating is easy as '1,2,3' is beyond belief.

I have tried to call them on the number given and guess what 'Not in Service'!!! Der springs to mind!

As they say, if it's too good to be true it usually is!

Once again

Thank you
Wendy

buzzz Apr 18th 2010 9:24 pm

Hi Wendy, did your son's gf find a reliable immigration lawyer. My son is in the same position, desperate to get back to his Canadian gf that he met when on a bunac 12 month visa.

shazza151 Apr 18th 2010 11:13 pm

Hi Wendy,

You have every right to be worried, It cost $490.00 CAD just for immigration to look at a immigration application for one person, with no guarantee of acceptance to Canada, then it another $490.00 when you have been accepted, not including paying for medicals, blood test etc, and immigration consultancy fees (if you use one) on top of that

The PNP route is the quickest way into Canada, as my OH and I found out, but it still took 12 months minimum to process our application for our PR card, from inside Canada, and we are both employed by canadian company's.

6 month is "UNBELIEVEABLY" QUICK, even PNP applications don't go through that fast for PR cards.

Good luck,

Shazza151