Advice!!!! please

Old Sep 9th 2012, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Advice!!!! please

Hi everyone,
My son went to Canada on a two year work permit to be with his girlfriend, they recently got married but have now decided they would like to move back to Australia, we have been in australia 9 years and are citizens. his wife has two children from a previous marriage, the ex has caused alot of problems over the years with emotional and physical abuse to all of them. His daughters have nothing to do with him, he said he would sign all the papers to let them leave the country now he has back tracked and said no! one is 15 and the other 12. As there are alot of reports on him regarding abuse, can he still legally stop them from leaving? guess I want someone to say no it will all be ok but i know things aren't as simple as that! Both the girls want to come to Australia.
any thoughts or experiences welcome
thanks abergas
Old Sep 9th 2012, 8:35 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice!!!! please

Originally Posted by abergas
Hi everyone,
My son went to Canada on a two year work permit to be with his girlfriend, they recently got married but have now decided they would like to move back to Australia, we have been in australia 9 years and are citizens. his wife has two children from a previous marriage, the ex has caused alot of problems over the years with emotional and physical abuse to all of them. His daughters have nothing to do with him, he said he would sign all the papers to let them leave the country now he has back tracked and said no! one is 15 and the other 12. As there are alot of reports on him regarding abuse, can he still legally stop them from leaving? guess I want someone to say no it will all be ok but i know things aren't as simple as that! Both the girls want to come to Australia.
any thoughts or experiences welcome
thanks abergas
DIAC is going to require either a statutory declaration from the ex saying she has permission to bring them or a court order granting her permission.

I would also do a search of the Australian immi forum and have your son read www.immi.gov.au booklet 1 for what they have to do. Good luck
Old Sep 9th 2012, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Re: Advice!!!! please

thank you, a court order is what they are going to need, im hoping that with all the evidence of abuse the police and child services have their shouldn't be a problem plus the girls being old enough to speak for themselves, they don't want anything to do with him.
i will get him to read that paperwork thanks