Advice please.....

Old Jan 19th 2011, 8:42 am
Mpnp

jumponmebones is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Advice please.....

Hi all
Letter arrived from London today (fingers crossed that it was meds requests) unfortunately further information is required!!!!
My question is, on the initial application being sent to Manitoba on a MPNP one of our children was 17 at the time, he now has turned 18, so they are requesting that he now submits relevant information ie background and declaration, will he need a police certificate ???? (they haven't requested this)
Also he is my stepson, will this be a problem as they have requested his long birth certificate? As he is 18 will he need written concent from his blood father as he has never had any contact with him????
Please advise
Regards
Old Jan 19th 2011, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

canmoreskier is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice please.....

Originally Posted by jumponmebones
Hi all
Letter arrived from London today (fingers crossed that it was meds requests) unfortunately further information is required!!!!
My question is, on the initial application being sent to Manitoba on a MPNP one of our children was 17 at the time, he now has turned 18, so they are requesting that he now submits relevant information ie background and declaration, will he need a police certificate ???? (they haven't requested this)
Also he is my stepson, will this be a problem as they have requested his long birth certificate? As he is 18 will he need written concent from his blood father as he has never had any contact with him????
Please advise
Regards
From CIC website:

"Dependent children may be the children of the principal applicant or those of his or her spouse or common-law partner.
They must:
be under the age of 22 and not have a spouse or common-law partner ...".

Also:

"In general, you and everyone in your family who is 18 years of age or over need to obtain a police certificate."

Your step-son will also need to complete forms IMM 0008 and IMM 5406.

As part of the background checks, they might look into his father's background, but he wouldn't need to give consent to his son's immigration.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 6:47 pm
Mpnp

jumponmebones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice please.....

Thanks for the reply,
yes London have asked for those 2 forms to be completed, but police certificate was not requested, so do you think it would be a good idea to obtain a police cert for him?
Regards