Advice for novice on immigration

Old May 3rd 2011, 7:21 am
Just Joined

GEO_68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice for novice on immigration

Hello to all reading this , im considering trying to immigrate to canada from scotland uk. Their are two territories im considering one the yukon & other north west ! i came accross jobs that are accepted for immigration & mines was mentioned joiner (carpenter), (7215). Do i still need a sponsor as i cant understand a piece of info iv maybe picked up wrong saying i dont under this trade ?
i also had a reply in an other forum not british expat from some one i thought was talking rubbish from usa that some parts off canada under the queen i would be entitled to live in theses places can some one verify this if its nonsense or has some truth to it ? answers appreciated & thank you very much peace !
Old May 3rd 2011, 10:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice for novice on immigration

Originally Posted by GEO_68
Hello to all reading this , im considering trying to immigrate to canada from scotland uk. Their are two territories im considering one the yukon & other north west ! i came accross jobs that are accepted for immigration & mines was mentioned joiner (carpenter), (7215). Do i still need a sponsor as i cant understand a piece of info iv maybe picked up wrong saying i dont under this trade ?
i also had a reply in an other forum not british expat from some one i thought was talking rubbish from usa that some parts off canada under the queen i would be entitled to live in theses places can some one verify this if its nonsense or has some truth to it ? answers appreciated & thank you very much peace !
Hi, and welcome to BE.

Out of interest, can I ask why you're considering those two provinces/territories? It's just very unusual so I'm intrigued!

You are correct that carpentry supervisors (not just carpenters - you do need to supervise people or have owned your own business) are on the list of eligible occupations, meaning that you could apply as a Skilled Worker if you meet the other criteria i.e. have enough points, proof of funds, etc. No job offer or sponsor is required if your job is on the list of eligible occupations. A FSW visa would result in you getting Canadian Permanent Residency status, so you could live and work anywhere in Canada and in any job (you don't have to be a carpenter when you get there), or you could retire/study etc. You basically have all the rights of a citizen except you can't vote - and then after three years living in Canada as a PR, you can apply for citizenship so would be dual nationality.

The best thing to do is have a good read of the Wiki (on blue bar at top of page) which has loads of useful info in, and then come back and ask questions if there is anything you're unsure about.

Oh, and you can ignore what you were told on that other forum, it's complete nonsense! The Queen is the head of state for the whole of Canada as it's a commonwealth country, but that doesn't give you any immigration benefit I'm afraid.

Good luck.
Old May 4th 2011, 1:08 am
Just Joined

Thank you for the imformation , about my choice wanting to immigrate i can only say the same as the rest off the british public leaving this country by the thousands on mass . Apart from being declared on national news other week its at Apocalyptic state of violence , drugs & drink not to mention its the most violent country in europe as a start !
other reason iv always loved the outdoors/wilderness build my own cabin & be able to hunt , trapp & fish which you cant do in this politacly correct country the laws says !
thirdly its rubbish to live here & feel restrained in evrything involving freedom . I feel im much better than this & rather be part of a nice descent community as live amongst drug/drink addicts evry where - hope this answers you question & much appreciated for yours thank you for advice
Old May 4th 2011, 1:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting response! Have you actually been to Canada before? Your answer suggests you haven't so it may be worth reading the Moving Back to the UK forum to see why people return. And I'd definitely check out the crime stats, more murders per capita than the UK you may be surprised to hear!

I was actually asking why the Yukon and NWT, as I've never known anybody on this forum specifically want to go to them and it's an unusual choice, so that's what I was interested in rather than your reasons for leaving the UK.

It's usually said on here that the successful immigrants are those that have moved for a genuine love of a country, rather than the perceived negatives of the one they leave behind. If you adore Canada then fair enough, but the grass isn't greener and unfortunately the same problems are everywhere. It may also be worth thinking about moving within the UK, as there are plenty of lovely areas that are free from crime and drink/drug addicts, and would be a heck of a lot cheaper than the tens of thousands it will cost you to move to Canada.

Good luck!

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 4th 2011 at 1:19 am.
Old May 4th 2011, 4:24 am
Just Joined

christmas soompa im just thanking you again as you took the time to mention evrything i need to know & your time typing it out & also you added more information for me which in the back of my mind was those you took the time to add , you sure are an asset to this forum. yes i have always loved alaska, yukon & NW as i meant for these 3 places, in a love for the outdoors mentioned. I f you want something so much you can get it with a little research & planning & organisation it will happen which i have got family to help aswell in (lawyers , police & finance) so this is one guy who will end up in one off these places no negative info will stop me ! bye GEO
Old May 4th 2011, 4:53 am
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road

I don't think I understood a single sentence.
Old May 4th 2011, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

Canada is full of wide open spaces and places to hunt without going so far from modern conveniences.

You do not have to travel far from any major canadian city before you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere.

There are many parts of Canada covered in ice and snow with brutal sub zero temparatures for many months of the year. So you can probably get all you are after in more populated areas than the Yukon and north west teritories.

Many of the people up there hunt their food because they have to. Whereas the people around where I live hunt for fun and are just as happy with the convenience of picking things up at the local supermarket.

Being in a cabin in the middle of nowhere during the winter may sound exciting but having done this for a night, I was extremely happy when I got back home to my warm bed.
Old May 4th 2011, 7:51 am
Just Joined

britsnake i understand where your coming from & its hard for some people to understand that for some they prefer the silence & solitude & a need for self suffiency like you mentioned why pay when you can have it free ! also believe it or not im against blood sport , should only take an animals life to survive & use it all to respect it, said that evry one to their own if they want to kill for fun its upto them i think its a sin & difference is id be doing it to support my way off life! i would be near or in a populated town it would only be used in winter as id have to work in summer to make ends meet. i also have friends in TOK, white horse & on the nw territores. Glad you experienced the log cabin coowl , if you have excellent bushcraft & survival skills & keep your self buisy which you are in winter, harvesting fire wood, maintaing & checking trapp lines , preparing fur , reading it goes on - is the secrete to living content & not going mad ! hope iv given you some tips if you ever need it . good talking to ya Geo
Old May 4th 2011, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

I currently work with native americans and though they enjoy hunting, they also usually eat what they kill or give it away.

I currently have a freezer full of free moose meat and deer as my family refused to eat it once they knew what it was.

I also have a few friends who just enjoy hunting for the sake of it. I could not imagine doing it myself, but as you say, to each his own.

You seem to have a fair idea of what you may be getting yourself into, so I hope everything goes well for you.
Old May 4th 2011, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Thanks thats because you understand the way off life. you must have one of the best jobs to have be amazing & id feel privleged to do that, you`l have lots off stories & adventures to have all your life.
people who have seen dick proenneke (alone in the wilderness) for their first time either want to live that way or say its so peacefull & or admire him for it. Trapping is a dying trade (fact) handfull only at it & people judge them wrongly i.e if it wern`t for them keeping evry animal in balance their favourite little animal would be extinc by predators ! then they would over populate start hunting humans which has happened & imagine they came into your back yard & took your pet or worse a family member ! i love nature & evry animal & inc predators but like all our ancesters we have to keep them in balance or the whole animal kingdom will die out . im against the fly over shooting the wolf , i agreed when they wiped the forty mile caribou out but now the caribou are back 38,000 & the wolves should be left alone as moose to are evrywhere too much & not enough wolves . its fact a trapper dont take a fraction to even keep in balance but helped not slaughtering to extinction like the fly over for wealthy fat cats - its cruel& wrong should stop now . it was needed yes but not now ! wish id known you to hear all them stories behing your belt cheers GEO