Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Advice on not yet activated IEC from 2014 and asked to pay for IEC 2015

Advice on not yet activated IEC from 2014 and asked to pay for IEC 2015

Old Sep 7th 2015, 5:07 am
Just Joined

BiscuitGeneral is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on not yet activated IEC from 2014 and asked to pay for IEC 2015

I everyone, Happy Labour Day! (If you are in Canada)

I am hopeful someone will shed some light regarding an IEC question I have.
I have IEC from 2014, but I have not yet activated it. I was saving up some money now that I have the money I need, I was aiming to activate the IEC 2014 in December 2015.

I made an application for 2015 quota and last week Friday I received an email from IEC folks and I was asked to submit document and pay which I happily did. I am hoping for positive result . I know I have 1 year to activate the new IEC for 2015 (assuming I get a favourable decision) from the time PoE is received. So I was hoping to see if I enjoy my first year and then may be activate the second IEC (if a positive decision) Pls don’t judge me for being greedy and applying for two IEC .

1. Can I activate for the 3 years in one go (this would be ideal)?
2. Will having IEC not yet activated from previous year have any bearing on the 2015 application decision?
3. Will having potentially 2 yet to be activated IEC (3 years in total), present any problem with immigration?

I have browsed through the CIC website but for now cannot find an answer.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Old Sep 7th 2015, 5:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on not yet activated IEC from 2014 and asked to pay for IEC 2015

Originally Posted by BiscuitGeneral
I everyone, Happy Labour Day! (If you are in Canada)

I am hopeful someone will shed some light regarding an IEC question I have.
I have IEC from 2014, but I have not yet activated it. I was saving up some money now that I have the money I need, I was aiming to activate the IEC 2014 in December 2015.

I made an application for 2015 quota and last week Friday I received an email from IEC folks and I was asked to submit document and pay which I happily did. I am hoping for positive result . I know I have 1 year to activate the new IEC for 2015 (assuming I get a favourable decision) from the time PoE is received. So I was hoping to see if I enjoy my first year and then may be activate the second IEC (if a positive decision) Pls don’t judge me for being greedy and applying for two IEC .

1. Can I activate for the 3 years in one go (this would be ideal)?
2. Will having IEC not yet activated from previous year have any bearing on the 2015 application decision?
3. Will having potentially 2 yet to be activated IEC (3 years in total), present any problem with immigration?

I have browsed through the CIC website but for now cannot find an answer.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
No you wont be able to activate both at the same time to get a 3 year work permit.
Not having activated the 2014 IEC wont affect the 2015 application.
Once the 2014 one has been activated and that permit expires you simply activate the 2015 one by simply going to the border commonly known as flagpoling. Remember for the 2015 one there is a $100 compliance fee as well as the work permit fee and you will need insurance and proof of funds when activating either one.
Old Sep 7th 2015, 6:00 am
Just Joined

BiscuitGeneral is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice on not yet activated IEC from 2014 and asked to pay for IEC 2015

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
No you wont be able to activate both at the same time to get a 3 year work permit.
Not having activated the 2014 IEC wont affect the 2015 application.
Once the 2014 one has been activated and that permit expires you simply activate the 2015 one by simply going to the border commonly known as flagpoling. Remember for the 2015 one there is a $100 compliance fee as well as the work permit fee and you will need insurance and proof of funds when activating either one.
Thank you so much Former Lancastrian for this information. This is a massive relief.