Advice for a Newbie

Old Apr 21st 2008, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Lady J is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice for a Newbie

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if any one could offer me any advice.

Im a 25 year old single female living in Staffordshire, i dont really have any specific assets apart from a share in a property worth approx £46k and i work full time as a Customer Relations Team Leader.

I have friends who live in Alberta who i have known for approx 7 years. One of whom i would like to enter in to a relationship with but there is one catch. He lives there and i live here.

We both want to be together and start a life together properly but dont know how to go about it and this is the one catch thats stopping our relationship progressing.

I understand that we could just get married and apply for a outland application but both feel that this would just be a silly move as although we have known each other a long time and been together on and off were not yet at that stage although this would deffinately be on the cards in the future etc.

I have also looked in to a BUNAC and have requested information about them.

I already have a place to live over there secured and my friends would all support me and be able to help me obtain work and get in to the canadian lifestyle etc.

But my question really is: Where the hell do i start and how would i qualify.

Sorry if im sounding really dumb here
Old Apr 21st 2008, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all
Default Re: Advice for a Newbie

hello and welcome

I am not an expert, but getting a job where the employer is willing to get you an Arranged Employment Opnion(AEO), and then applying through london CHC, who in turn will fast track your application - is the best way to move forward.

you could try and get a Bunac visa in between, although i have read in this forum that this years Bunac quota has been taken up. you could start preparing for next years quota.

regs