Advice on a new baby

Old Sep 10th 2012, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice
Default Advice on a new baby

We just received our passport requests, and am planning to take our passports to London VO this Thursday. The plan is to then formally move next July.

However, we've just realised that we will have a new addition to the family and my wife wants to have the baby in the UK so she gets the full support from her mum and sister. I've searched the forums for likewise posts but many seem to related to Canadian citizens' children, and not UK (both my wife and I are UK citizens).

Is there a schedule form/fee and another waiting period for the baby to receive PR? Can this be done inland? I've also read, though not sure if accurate, that the process when we move in July, is to present our PR cards along with the baby's birth certificate / passport?

Hopefully I'm not the only one who has gone through this, and someone can shine a light on this subject and rest an over active mind!!

Thanks in advance.

MS.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Yandros is a jewel in the roughYandros is a jewel in the roughYandros is a jewel in the roughYandros is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Advice on a new baby

Hi,

Afraid I can't help regarding PR for the baby (I'm sure more knowledgable people than me will be along soon). However, regarding you and your wife, when you get your passports back I think they'll contain a visa that expires 1 year from when you had your medicals. This is a single entry visa and you must 'land' before it expires or you may have to start your application all over again. Only once you've landed do you get your PR card. To 'land' you can simply travel to Canada, go through immigration and return home the next day (when we landed we came over for a two week holiday, then returned to the UK and actually moved over here about 2 years later). In view of this you may want to think about having a 'landing' trip fairly soon as at some point in her pregnancy (I'm not sure when, but your doctor should be able to help) your wife will be advised not to fly.

Hope I'm not stepping out of turn here, but I'd hate for you to lose the PR just because the timing doesn't work out properly.

Good luck (with both emmigration and pregnancy)

Y
Old Sep 10th 2012, 11:04 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by MapleSauce
We just received our passport requests, and am planning to take our passports to London VO this Thursday. The plan is to then formally move next July.

However, we've just realised that we will have a new addition to the family and my wife wants to have the baby in the UK so she gets the full support from her mum and sister. I've searched the forums for likewise posts but many seem to related to Canadian citizens' children, and not UK (both my wife and I are UK citizens).

Is there a schedule form/fee and another waiting period for the baby to receive PR? Can this be done inland? I've also read, though not sure if accurate, that the process when we move in July, is to present our PR cards along with the baby's birth certificate / passport?

Hopefully I'm not the only one who has gone through this, and someone can shine a light on this subject and rest an over active mind!!

Thanks in advance.

MS.
1. If the baby is born before you "land", then your COPRs are no longer valid. You must return them and then add the child to the application. Amend your application, to add the child, pay the fee, submit birth certificate, passport. Then wait for medical instructions.
2. Your medicals would probably expire, before a COPR issued for the child.
3. If you have the child and then "land" the child is no longer a member of the family class and cannot be sponsored.
4. As per the previous poster, you best bet is "land" before the child is born, and if you wish to return to the UK, so be it.
5. Then once you return to Canada, you would then have to sponsor the child via Mississauga/Overseas office. There is no "in-Canada" sponsorship for dependent children.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Thanks firstly for both your comments - they are appreciated.

Most importantly, the plan is to land next month – most definitely. I do not want to forgo the three years hard work, pain, graft, tears etc. We pick up our passports on the 27th Sept and are planning to land in the next month.

From what I understand from reading the above, if we have the baby in the UK after we land, we’ll have to sponsor the child via Mississauga as I plan to be in Canada from July 2013.

One last question on this topic, is there a timescale on how long it takes to sponsor a dependent child? I'm hoping it's not as long as the FSW!!

Thanks again for your prompt answers.

MS.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

My lazy self has just looked at the CIC site and think i've found the answer to the processing times for dependent sponsorship born and living outside of Canada at the time;

Step 1 - Assessment of Sponsor = 66 Days
Step 2 - Assessment of Person Being Sponsored = 8 months (via London VO)
Old Sep 11th 2012, 4:42 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

However, we've just realised that we will have a new addition to the family
This came as a surprise? Like standing in Tesco, the old girl looks like a stuffed turkey at thanksgiving and this sudden realization came over you?, 'holy crap you must be up the duff!'
Old Sep 11th 2012, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Aviator
This came as a surprise? Like standing in Tesco, the old girl looks like a stuffed turkey at thanksgiving and this sudden realization came over you?, 'holy crap you must be up the duff!'
Not that dramatic
Old Sep 11th 2012, 5:49 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

My lazy self has just looked at the CIC site and think i've found the answer to the processing times for dependent sponsorship born and living outside of Canada at the time;

Step 1 - Assessment of Sponsor = 66 Days
Step 2 - Assessment of Person Being Sponsored = 8 months (via London VO)

The London processing for a child won't be that long. No background, no criminal, no security, minimal medical, no blood work, no x-ray. Hardest part would be getting the child to sit still for the photos for application and passport.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

The London processing for a child won't be that long. No background, no criminal, no security, minimal medical, no blood work, no x-ray. Hardest part would be getting the child to sit still for the photos for application and passport.
Thanks PMM. Possibly a worse case scenario then on the CIC website. Appreciate your help as always!

MS.