Advice needed regarding landing

Old Feb 9th 2012, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Adam24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice needed regarding landing

Hi folks, I need to activate my permanent residency visa by April before it expires. I received pr under Saskatchewan nomination program.

As I need to sell my house and sort other bits out first, I have decided to at least activate the pr.

I have couple of questions.

1) I will only be traveling to Canada for 2-3 days. Will it cause an issue if I land in any other province other than Saskatchewan. My only intention is to activate the pr. As I have family in Toronto, it would be nice to spend a day or 2 with them before returning back to UK.

2) Will I be able to apply for permanent resident card then considering I'll be returning back in 2-3 days?

Many thanks
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed regarding landing

You can activate PR or landing at any POE. Will you have a list of goods physically bringing with you and a list of goods to follow?
Do you have an address in Canada for the PR card to be sent to?
If not then you have 180 days to supply a Canadian address.
Link underneath are the Customs procedures regarding goods.

http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/d...d2-2-1-eng.pdf
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Adam24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the reply.

No I'll be going empty handed, I mean other than few clothes, proof of funds and few gifts for family, I wouldn't be carrying anything.

Yes I'll be able to provide address. Although it may not be Saskatchewan address.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on the BSO processing you it might be asked why no Saskatchewan address for the PR card as you are coming in under their PNP Program as opposed to regular PR stream. Thats something you need to think about.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 6:06 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Depending on the BSO processing you it might be asked why no Saskatchewan address for the PR card as you are coming in under their PNP Program as opposed to regular PR stream. Thats something you need to think about.

The OP might want to read the following operational bulletin as well.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2010/ob251.asp
Old Feb 9th 2012, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Becks 7 is an unknown quantity at this point

May as well ask in here, when I move over I will be taking a lot of video games, probably around 100-150. Do I have to list them individually or are they okay to group and give an approximate value to 'Assorted video games'?
Old Feb 9th 2012, 6:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Becks 7
May as well ask in here, when I move over I will be taking a lot of video games, probably around 100-150. Do I have to list them individually or are they okay to group and give an approximate value to 'Assorted video games'?
150 x assorted video games is sufficient with approx value of $XXX
Old Feb 9th 2012, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Becks 7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome, thanks very much.