Advice needed re: submitted pack

Old Jan 5th 2004, 9:16 pm
Yabba dabba doo

Yabbz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice needed re: submitted pack

Hi

My wife and I both live in UK, she is a Canadian citizen and I am a British citizen. We sent our pack to Missisauga via fedex, which was signed for on November 7th (delivered). Our pack was completed fully and all monies paid in advance in the pack.

We have had no communication in any form even to acknowledge reciept of our pack or the sponsorship approval so far.

It is now the 6th of January. Could something be wrong? should we be concerned? I was under the impression we should have received something by now as we are applying as family class from outside of Canada with medicals up front etc...

Any advice appreciated.

Yabbz
Old Jan 5th 2004, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed re: submitted pack

Hi,

My Canadian wife is sponsering me and we are living in the UK during the process. After submitting our application we didn't hear anything for two months and then unfortunately we recieved our application back due a form that we hadn't filled out correctly. The encouraging thing was that we also recieved our client number and we knew at least we were now part of the process and we could now track our progress online which we have done.

We promptly corrected our mistake and sent the application back. So we certainly had a wait before we heard anything. I don't know if this helps at all but I thought I'd share our experience so far.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

contiv is an unknown quantity at this point

Why don't you call them. The phone number is 1 888 242-2100
This is from within Canada, it might take a while to go through but I suspect it's not that expensice from Uk.
I sent our application on Dec 13 (I am sponsoring my wife, she is on Europe, I live in Mtl.), I called yesterday and they told me I was approved and the file was sent to the local visa office.
Good luck I hope it helps.
Regards
contiv
Old Jan 6th 2004, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Katia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Would you mind to say what kind of mistake you made when filling up your application? I am in that process now and I want to make sure everything is filled right

THANKS
Old Jan 7th 2004, 1:30 am
Yabba dabba doo

Originally posted by contiv
Why don't you call them. The phone number is 1 888 242-2100
This is from within Canada, it might take a while to go through but I suspect it's not that expensice from Uk.
I sent our application on Dec 13 (I am sponsoring my wife, she is on Europe, I live in Mtl.), I called yesterday and they told me I was approved and the file was sent to the local visa office.
Good luck I hope it helps.
Regards
contiv

You can't telephone that number from UK I have tried every option. I used to be able to phone the various call centres (in Canada) but that has all changed. There is no way we can talk to a person in London (local visa office) or Missisauga in Canada over the telephone. Has anyone else had this problem and has overcome it???

yabbz
Old Jan 7th 2004, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

SinghPro is a jewel in the roughSinghPro is a jewel in the roughSinghPro is a jewel in the roughSinghPro is a jewel in the roughSinghPro is a jewel in the rough

Your wife would have friends or family in Canada, Call them and they can call that number on 3-way. There is always a solution ;-)

Originally posted by Yabbz
You can't telephone that number from UK I have tried every option. I used to be able to phone the various call centres (in Canada) but that has all changed. There is no way we can talk to a person in London (local visa office) or Missisauga in Canada over the telephone. Has anyone else had this problem and has overcome it???

yabbz
Old Jan 10th 2004, 3:03 am
Yabba dabba doo

Any more advice apreciated (share your experience of this with us), trying number in Canada via 3-way call but it costs my relative $1 every time even if we do not get through to 1-888 call centre (telephone line is always engaged Mon--Fri no matter when we try)

Hi

My wife and I both live in UK, she is a Canadian citizen and I am a British citizen. We sent our pack to Missisauga via fedex, which was signed for on November 7th (delivered). Our pack was completed fully and all monies paid in advance in the pack.

We have had no communication in any form even to acknowledge reciept of our pack or the sponsorship approval so far.

It is now the 6th of January. Could something be wrong? should we be concerned? I was under the impression we should have received something by now as we are applying as family class from outside of Canada with medicals up front etc...

Any advice appreciated.

Yabbz
Old Jan 10th 2004, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

We asked my mother-in-law (living in Canada) to try making the call and she had the same difficulties as you've described I'm afraid.

All I can say is that we were able to confirm with the postal service that our application had been delivered and eventually we did hear from Missisauga. You know that yours has been received and signed for so I'm sure that you'll hear something soon as we did eventually.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 12:48 am
Yabba dabba doo

Hi

What could be happening with our application, still no AOR or approval to sponsor and it is the 14th of January. Our pack was signed for in Mississauga on the 7th of November. We have written a letter to London (we reside in UK) requesting our status as outlined on their automated phone lines.

Could anyone tell us what might be happening ?????

Thanks ...Yabbz

Hi

Any advice appreciated.

Yabbz
Old Jan 14th 2004, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

yr0000 is an unknown quantity at this point

You sent them the monies, right ?
Did they encash it ?

If they did, atleast you know the app reached the right location.

Hi

What could be happening with our application, still no AOR or approval to sponsor and it is the 14th of January. Our pack was signed for in Mississauga on the 7th of November. We have written a letter to London (we reside in UK) requesting our status as outlined on their automated phone lines.

Thanks ...Yabbz
Old Jan 14th 2004, 12:57 am
Yabba dabba doo

Yes full amount included!
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi there,

Just to say that we finally had a letter back this morning with approval for sponsership.

We originally applied in early october but our package was returned because we made an error with one of the forms. We promptly sent the package back and have finally got notice of approval.

So for whatever reason these things can be delayed and I'm sure you'll hear soon. The waiting is hard though, I know.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 2:12 am
Yabba dabba doo

It's very worrying for us both, not knowing what is going on. The system for contacting anyone is very poor indeed.

Yabbz

Originally posted by stepnek
Hi there,

Just to say that we finally had a letter back this morning with approval for sponsership.

We originally applied in early october but our package was returned because we made an error with one of the forms. We promptly sent the package back and have finally got notice of approval.

So for whatever reason these things can be delayed and I'm sure you'll hear soon. The waiting is hard though, I know.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 1:29 am
Yabba dabba doo

Have now found out the draft was cashed on the 13th November, what has happened to the application since then ????

Yabbz

Hi

Thanks ...Yabbz
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 12:03 am
Yabba dabba doo

How long does it normally take to receive AOR and sponsorship approval??? Out of country spousal sponsorship (UK)

Bankers draft has been cashed but still heard nothing ???? (read thread below) approaching the 3 months now

If our pack is on it's way back to us what method does Mississauga use to get it back to us ??? (snail mail)

Thanks any comments or experiences welcome

Yabbz

Hi

Any advice appreciated.

Yabbz

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.