Advice needed please

Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future
Default Advice needed please

Hi

I have recently got engaged with my Canadian Girlfriend and we are planning to get married in Nova Scotia in August and then stay, however, we haven't lived together for the 12 month period and won't have by the time of wedding.

Am I able to apply for a PR as soon as we get married? and enter as a visitor before the wedding? we are currently living in the UK and I'm English.

Thanks
Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:14 am
Just Joined

canada_fox is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Advice needed please

Hi,

I married my Canadian wife in May 09 and we sent off the application in August 09. We hadn't been living together for 12 months and our application went through without any problems.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 7:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wats123
Hi

I have recently got engaged with my Canadian Girlfriend and we are planning to get married in Nova Scotia in August and then stay, however, we haven't lived together for the 12 month period and won't have by the time of wedding.

Am I able to apply for a PR as soon as we get married? and enter as a visitor before the wedding? we are currently living in the UK and I'm English.

Thanks
Yes, that's fine, you don't need to have lived together for 12 months if you're married, that's just for common-law sponsorship.

Good luck with the wedding and congrats in advance!
Old Jan 10th 2010, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by canada_fox
Hi,

I married my Canadian wife in May 09 and we sent off the application in August 09. We hadn't been living together for 12 months and our application went through without any problems.
Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes, that's fine, you don't need to have lived together for 12 months if you're married, that's just for common-law sponsorship.

Good luck with the wedding and congrats in advance!
Thank you!

Canada_Fox, were you already in Canada when you got married? also how long did the application take? I know it will probably be different now.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 3:54 am
Just Joined

canada_fox is on a distinguished road

Yeah I was in Canada when we got married. From sending in my application to becoming a landed immigrant, it took 5 months.