Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Advice needed - Mistake on Family Class Visa/COPR

Advice needed - Mistake on Family Class Visa/COPR

Old Jun 27th 2011, 1:04 pm
Blonde, but not really.

Joolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the roughJoolschweetie is a jewel in the rough
Default Advice needed - Mistake on Family Class Visa/COPR

Hiya, hope someone can offer some advice or reassure me a little!

Got my Visa & Confirmation of Permanent Residence last week and although all the details on the visa itself were correct, the COPR siad under marital status 'Married' when we're common-law partners.

I know the attached letter says if your name, address, DOB and/or passport no. are wrong, to send the passport back but I can't find any info on this particular mistake. Any ideas?? I emailed them the same day to ask about it and have heard nothing from them.

The problem is I'm due to leave in August so am a little concerned that by the time they get back to me, I'll not have enough time to send the darn thing back!

Any advice or similar situations - would really appreciate your advice! Already fairly stressed about the move but this has added to the panic.

Thanks in advance guys
Old Jun 28th 2011, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of
Default Re: Advice needed - Mistake on Family Class Visa/COPR

It does not hurt to email them again. After all, you already have the visa!

I doubt it is a problem, but you never know.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:23 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Nip down the road and get married... it'll be quicker
Old Jun 28th 2011, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

Interesting! I never thought of that solution
Old Jun 28th 2011, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

We had a problem which was similar, my daughter's middle name was spelt wrong on the visa and the COPR. I emailed them on the webemail and heard nothing. Eventually I had a phone call because they had emailed me three times and I had not responded. I didn't get the emails, even though the copies of emails they posted to me had the correct address, and they guessed this from my subsequent panicky emails.

We had to send back both my daughter's visa and COPR form, together with my husband's because he is principle applicant.

If you haven't heard from them, might be worth just sending all the stuff off special delivery with covering letter expressing the urgency?

We posted all off and had the corrected documents back in around three weeks.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 1:15 pm
Here for now

Skimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud of

I had a similar problem, too! One of my middle names was missing a letter. I emailed and left a panicky message on CHC's "emergency voicemail" and I got a call back the next day to say there would be no problem at POE. I asked for an email to confirm this and received it a few days later.

We landed last month and the mistake was corrected at POE with no problem. I didn't even have to get out the copy of the email!

Hopefully, you will get a response from them very soon.