Advice Needed on form filling

Old Feb 15th 2005, 5:18 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advice Needed on form filling

Just in the processing of doing our PR application. We have managed to obtain letters of reference stating position, length of employment salary etc from all old employers. Where the company is liquidated we have been able to get our actual boss to write a letter stating this. None of the employers could provide contracts and we haven't kept any. The CHC website states to just send copies, is that right? The only originals we plan to send are our police checks. Hubby spent hours photocopying at work yesterday!!

Is that all we need to do - fill in forms, attach documents as per checklist and then wait?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 5:25 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice Needed on form filling

Originally Posted by northernbird
Just in the processing of doing our PR application. We have managed to obtain letters of reference stating position, length of employment salary etc from all old employers. Where the company is liquidated we have been able to get our actual boss to write a letter stating this. None of the employers could provide contracts and we haven't kept any. The CHC website states to just send copies, is that right? The only originals we plan to send are our police checks. Hubby spent hours photocopying at work yesterday!!

Is that all we need to do - fill in forms, attach documents as per checklist and then wait?

yep! thats wat u have to do!! they want photocopies of everything, but like u said, PCs have to be in original! do as u said and wait fr it!!............... loooooooooog, unless fortunate! best of luck anyways
Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:01 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

I take it that you are applying as a skilled worker? If so the only other original documents that I sent were university transcripts. They were is university sealed envelopes as asked for.

Also it may be a good idea to explain why you haven't submitted all the required documents for employment history.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

shriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really nice

Originally Posted by amancharan
yep! thats wat u have to do!! they want photocopies of everything, but like u said, PCs have to be in original! do as u said and wait fr it!!............... loooooooooog, unless fortunate! best of luck anyways

The photocopies need to be certified.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 5:14 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

what do you mean certified, I hope you don't mean in the presence of a solicitor or notary as I have hundreds of copies, it will cost me a small fortune. Andrew Miller, perhaps you could offer some guidance on this one?
Old Feb 15th 2005, 5:36 pm
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

what do you mean certified, I hope you don't mean in the presence of a solicitor or notary as I have hundreds of copies, it will cost me a small fortune. Andrew Miller, perhaps you could offer some guidance on this one?
That is exactly what it means. I don't know what the situation is in the UK but here in Australia a JP can do it. I got all my documents certified by a JP and it didn't cost me a thing.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:43 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

what do you mean certified, I hope you don't mean in the presence of a solicitor or notary as I have hundreds of copies, it will cost me a small fortune.
Yep t'is true - UK applications need to have all documents which are copied certified as true by a notary, with their company stamp and signature on each sheet.

Rich.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

ABL25 will become famous soon enoughABL25 will become famous soon enough

We had all of our photcopies certified by a Notary Public in Hornchurch, Essex. He charged a fair bit (from memory it was was over £200, but might be wrong!). I paid cash and could almost picture him putting it straight in his back pocket. It stinks a bit, but look at the bigger picture, take a deep breath and don't worry about it. If spending the money now helps with your application, speeds it up with no need for the High Commission to write to you requesting further info (thus slowing the process down), it'll be worth it to get to Canada that little bit quicker.

I have read on this forum that some people have been advised that in the UK there is no need to have notarised documents (indeed some who now have PR have said that is what they did). However, for the sake of peace of mind, swallow the cost, make sure your application is watertight, post it off and wait for the AOR to arrive on your door mat. Then waaaaaaiiiiiiitttttt

nb. Some have also said that they went to local court (in UK) and had it done by JP for free. So look around and you might get it cheaper than I did. Do a search on the forums for more info. Hope this all helps.

Best of luck
Alex
AOR Nov 5th '04
Student & work permits Jan '05
Moving to Kelowna Aug '05
Start work (me) and college (wife) Sept '05
wait for PR .........
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:29 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep as Alex says, there are ways and means.

Our conveyancer, who is also a notary, did ours FOC (300 pages) because we are established client and they also do work for extended family. A case of who you know, I guess.

Rich.