Advice Needed Express Entry

Old Aug 24th 2017, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Jadee02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice Needed Express Entry

Hi I hope someone can help me.

I previously worked in Canada and gained the number of hours required to apply for PR.

I read on CIC (I think) that if u have worked in Canada then you may not need to send of for ECA so on a whim I applied for PR without it and it says that I am not eligible!!

My question is should I do my ECA report and then reapply?

Sorry if this question has already been asked.

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 24th 2017, 10:07 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice Needed Express Entry

Hi

Originally Posted by Jadee02
Hi I hope someone can help me.

I previously worked in Canada and gained the number of hours required to apply for PR.

I read on CIC (I think) that if u have worked in Canada then you may not need to send of for ECA so on a whim I applied for PR without it and it says that I am not eligible!!

My question is should I do my ECA report and then reapply?

Sorry if this question has already been asked.

Thanks in advance

1. If your intention is to apply under CEC Express Entry, with 1 years skilled work experience in Canada in the past 3 years, you don't need the ECA .
2. From the IRCC web site

Education

There is no education requirement for Canadian Experience Class. But you can earn points for your education under Express Entry, if:
  • you went to school in Canada, and have a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian:
    • secondary (high school) or
    • post-secondary school
  • you have foreign education, and you have an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an approved agency showing that your foreign education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian:
    • secondary (high school) or
    • post-secondary school
You'll only benefit from getting an ECA if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian high school diploma or greater.

3. Have you done the "Come to Canada" to see if you have 67 points to be eligible for EE Do you want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant?
Old Aug 24th 2017, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean you worked in Canada for one full year (either full time or part time equivalent)? If so then you may be eligible under CEC.

Who can apply: Canadian Experience Class

This is still part of the express entry system so whether you are selected or not will still be dependent on your CRS score.

Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

There is
Old Aug 27th 2017, 5:44 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Engineer_abroad;12323948]Do you mean you worked in Canada for one full year (either full time or part time equivalent)? If so then you may be eligible under CEC.

This is still part of the express entry system so whether you are selected or not will still be dependent on your CRS score.

There is[/QUO9TE]

Yes I worked the required amount of hours but part time.

I did check my CRS score and I got 441!

I'm now worried that I won't b able to get PR as I was non eligible.

Thanks
Old Aug 27th 2017, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Jadee02;12325465]
Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
Do you mean you worked in Canada for one full year (either full time or part time equivalent)? If so then you may be eligible under CEC.

There is[/QUO9TE]

Yes I worked the required amount of hours but part time.

I did check my CRS score and I got 441!

I'm now worried that I won't b able to get PR as I was non eligible.

Thanks
Can you give a breakdown of what your answers are that are leading to it saying you are not eligible.

Your crs score looks ok to be selected.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

After reading my profile I'm wondering if it is because I didn't put all my school qualifications down, there was no option for GCSE.

But this shouldn't really matter as I am apply for CEC!!

I think I'm going to delete my profile and apply again.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

How do you have a profile if you didn't show as eligible using the come to Canada wizard and obtain the required code to start a express entry profile?

Do you want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant?
Old Sep 1st 2017, 2:55 am
Just Joined

I have used the come to Canada form and it says that I am eligable but when I enter the reference num it gives me it never goes through.

So I applied for EE and it asked lots of questions and I answered them and then it came back and said I was not susccesful.

It has given me the option to delete my profile.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

hmmm sounds like the reference number is the issue, try the come to Canada wizard again and setting up a new profile as you suggest
Old Sep 7th 2017, 12:50 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice. I redid my application and I am eligible but my score is low so I will have to send off for my ECA to increase it.

My question now is should I send off for my NVQ qualification as well as school certs?
Old Sep 7th 2017, 12:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jadee02
Thanks for the advice. I redid my application and I am eligible but my score is low so I will have to send off for my ECA to increase it.

My question now is should I send off for my NVQ qualification as well as school certs?
You might as well send everything you have, it's only one fee, although be aware that the NVQ isn't likely to be recognised or get you any points.

HTH.