Wikiposts

advice needed

Old Aug 4th 2008, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

dgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the rough
Default advice needed

Hi

We are well on the way to getting my PR visa as a spouse. Sponsorship approved 3rd June and Quebec selection cert issued 17th July. no idea when the PPR will come.

I have a job offer from a Quebec company but they have not applied for a LMO as they are employing me as a PR.

They need me to start ASAP (end August/ early sept.) and we are ready to move.

I have asked London for an update and they tell me to apply for a TWP if I want to start quickly. they wont give me any idea of processing time other than "before the medical runs out" (April 09)

Questions

1. how do I apply for a TWP when my police certs were sent with my PR application?
2. If I apply for a TWP and send my passport, what happens if they then send me a PPR for my PR??
3. Is it possible to get the TWP WITHOUT a LMo

I really dont want to lose this job.

You help / advice will be very welcome.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

dgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: advice needed

Hi

Is anyone able to give any advice on this? Time is against me at the moment!

Thank you
Old Aug 6th 2008, 4:49 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice needed

Hi

Originally Posted by dgpondhoppper
Hi

We are well on the way to getting my PR visa as a spouse. Sponsorship approved 3rd June and Quebec selection cert issued 17th July. no idea when the PPR will come.

I have a job offer from a Quebec company but they have not applied for a LMO as they are employing me as a PR.

They need me to start ASAP (end August/ early sept.) and we are ready to move.

I have asked London for an update and they tell me to apply for a TWP if I want to start quickly. they wont give me any idea of processing time other than "before the medical runs out" (April 09)

Questions

1. how do I apply for a TWP when my police certs were sent with my PR application?
2. If I apply for a TWP and send my passport, what happens if they then send me a PPR for my PR??
3. Is it possible to get the TWP WITHOUT a LMo

I really dont want to lose this job.

You help / advice will be very welcome.
1. You need both an LMO and CAQ for TWP for Quebec, otherwise it won't be issued. I don't think you have enough time to get both.
2. You should read the instructions, for TWP you send copies of your passports, unless you require a TRV.