Wikiposts

Advice Need ( Biological Farther)

Old Apr 12th 2006, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

robbudge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice Need ( Biological Farther)

Hi All,
Don't know which is the best response???

My temp work permit is currently being processed and they have asked for a letter of consent from my step-son's biological farther.

Now the problem!

The farthers name is not on the birth certificate ( good point i think??)
My wife has no idea where the farther is.

It is quite possible that the farther does not even know that he has a son!. ( They split up before our son was born, and he has never been in contact since)

The problem is what do we tell CIC.

That the farther is unknown as to the birth cerificate ( and run the risk of DON'T KNOW)

OR

Tell them the situation and hope that they do not want us to track down the farther to gain his consent??????

REALLY DONT KNOW

HELP

Rob + Family
Old Apr 12th 2006, 10:24 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice Need ( Biological Farther)

Originally Posted by robbudge
Hi All,
Don't know which is the best response???

My temp work permit is currently being processed and they have asked for a letter of consent from my step-son's biological farther.

Now the problem!

The farthers name is not on the birth certificate ( good point i think??)
My wife has no idea where the farther is.

It is quite possible that the farther does not even know that he has a son!. ( They split up before our son was born, and he has never been in contact since)

The problem is what do we tell CIC.

That the farther is unknown as to the birth cerificate ( and run the risk of DON'T KNOW)

OR

Tell them the situation and hope that they do not want us to track down the farther to gain his consent??????

REALLY DONT KNOW

HELP

Rob + Family
Tell them the truth. If you search this forum for "biological father" or search my name, you will get previous threads that discuss difficulties similar to this. Every case is assessed on it's merits, but CIC are not stupid, just interminably slow. If there has never been any contact nor is he the named father....I cannot see how they can insist you track him down and do a Cilla Black on him. In other cases (i.e. new relationship, taking kids and moving to Canada) they have insisted that the bio Dad be contacted.
Old Apr 12th 2006, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

grenjosee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice Need ( Biological Farther)

Originally Posted by dingbat
Tell them the truth. If you search this forum for "biological father" or search my name, you will get previous threads that discuss difficulties similar to this. Every case is assessed on it's merits, but CIC are not stupid, just interminably slow. If there has never been any contact nor is he the named father....I cannot see how they can insist you track him down and do a Cilla Black on him. In other cases (i.e. new relationship, taking kids and moving to Canada) they have insisted that the bio Dad be contacted.
Does the mother have legal full custody of the child through the courts? If not....this mayt help....read below,

I was wary of this situation at first when I moved from canada to the uk. Although I knew the father of my girls, I had no contact and no idea where to find them, and legally had no way of getting the girls passports without his signature. I went to court and got full custody on my own by getting the judge to overthrow serving the order to him (dispensing of service)by explaining on the request for dispense order that I had no contact and that I had made attempts to do so ( I listed down that I attempted to contact his family and checked telephone directories and online as this was important that the court saw I had at least tried)

..about 5 weeks later I received full custody of my children without knowing where he was; and although I knew legally that to teachers and government I had full custody because I was my childrens only parent I needed to make sure that I had legal documents proving so...in case immigration asked questions like this. Now bear in mind this was all done IN Canada...so I have no idea how long this process will be here in England

When I came to england I presented this(dispense of service and custody order) and all my other documents to immigration officers and it was enough for them.

If the courts can see it fit enough to give you full custody without contacting the father then it should be good enough for them to allow you to enter another country as well

Uk does have this form:

D13B Affidavit in support of an application to dispense with service of the petition on the Respondent. (PDF 120Kb)

If you already have legal custody maybe u should refer them back to that document.

I'm no law expert but maybe one of the other experts here can give you other better advice as this was just my experience.

Hope it helps in some way.