advice for my son needed !

Old Oct 3rd 2009, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

joner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default advice for my son needed !

My son,wife and 2 children applied to emmigrate to Canada, paid the £700 but were rejected, (£700 returned). Some have advised that they sell up, move out and re-apply once there. He a qualified dental technician and she a maths teacher. Our other son, wife and children already live in Canada and have obtained permanent residency many years ago. The 2 brothers and their children want to be together, but feel a bit of a knock back, so is this the 'end of the road' or could they still continue their plan to move out next Spring ? The youngest doesnt want the eldest to be a sponser, because of the responsibility involved. They both have good skills, would be great if there was anyone reading this who has knowledge of the DENTAL PROFESSION in Canada or Uk, and the process required.
First time on this Forum, so apologies for the scrappy grammer ! I would like to show my son that this Forum can be of help. many thanks
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 6:04 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice for my son needed !

Originally Posted by joner
My son,wife and 2 children applied to emmigrate to Canada, paid the £700 but were rejected, (£700 returned). Some have advised that they sell up, move out and re-apply once there.
And wouldn't they just get rejected again and have to go home?
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

If he is not on the LIST, maybe his wife could be as a teacher ? Therefore she could be the principle applicant. Without looking though I am not too sure if teacher is on the list.

However, why doesn't the other brother sponser him ? I know that in Alberta there is a family stream and this is an obvious way in for them ??? !!!!

JET
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 8:16 pm
Lawyer

David L. Thomas is on a distinguished road

Joner,
I have helped dozens of dental technicians with work permits and immigration, and I am the lawyer for several labs, including 2 of the biggest. There is an acute shortage of qualified dental technicians in Canada. If he has decent training and experience, he should be able to get a job offer here which will be the solution to his immgration problem. Have your son send me an e-mail.
By the way, Jet747, how is Port Talbot these days? That's my parents' hometown, before they emigrated to Canada long ago. I go back once in a while to visit all the rellies.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

Not to sidetrack too much from the original post, but Port Talbot is as dirty as ever. I am sure the Pouges wrote that song about Port Talbot. There is as ever some cloud hanging over the Corus site - but no impending closure - not yet. We are nearly at the end of the road with our application so hopefully will sell out before the town closes down !!

I guess on the thread, you can possibly get a positive LMO for the son. If his brother is in Canada I would have thought that he could get sponsored ?

JET
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JET747
Not to sidetrack too much from the original post, but Port Talbot is as dirty as ever. I am sure the Pouges wrote that song about Port Talbot. There is as ever some cloud hanging over the Corus site - but no impending closure - not yet. We are nearly at the end of the road with our application so hopefully will sell out before the town closes down !!
I'm confused - what relevance does this have?
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Is pride going to stop him being sponsored by his older brother? More fool him then! It's alot of work by the sponsor preparing and applying to be a sponsor but if that is the only way in then why not accept the offer??

If there is another way then fine, but if it's a last resort then why not......what does he want to acheive after all......to be with his family!!

I know about this....I have two brothers that live on Vancouver Island. I'm very close to them and it hurts deeply everytime I leave, and if sponsorship was the only option then I would accept it willingly. However at the moment one of them is applying to sponsor my mother so it isn't an option at the moment. The other only became PR in July and doesn't work so can't prove that he is financially capable of sponsoring us anyway.

If your son and family really want to be out there.......take the best route available.....and if that doesn't work then the next best, and so on.....Be determined, tell him.

Tell him Good luck too........many of us here are just trying to find a way to make a pipedream come true. There's a lot of support here too. some of us have been here a while......
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JET747
If he is not on the LIST, maybe his wife could be as a teacher ? Therefore she could be the principle applicant. Without looking though I am not too sure if teacher is on the list.

However, why doesn't the other brother sponser him ? I know that in Alberta there is a family stream and this is an obvious way in for them ??? !!!!

JET
thanks Jet, any feedback is appreciated. My older son(Canada) mentioned about sponsoring, but him and his family are on quite low income and because of this, I think my son in UK is reluctant to go down this route. He doesnt want to be a burden in any way.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 11:21 pm
Lawyer

There is no such thing as "sponsorship" by a sibling. Under the Federal Skilled Worker category, the applicant can get an extra 5 points for having a sibling in Canada. However, they still hvae to get the other 62 points on their own, as well as qualify under the Ministerial Instructions. If he is a dental technician, he can get a job offer and that will open the door for him.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 11:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
Is pride going to stop him being sponsored by his older brother? More fool him then! It's alot of work by the sponsor preparing and applying to be a sponsor but if that is the only way in then why not accept the offer??
If there is another way then fine, but if it's a last resort then why not.....
Thanks Robin,my reply would be similar to that which I've posted to JET. I think its to do with the financial side of things. But (like you say), it could be a last resort, if its possible.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David L. Thomas
There is no such thing as "sponsorship" by a sibling. Under the Federal Skilled Worker category, the applicant can get an extra 5 points for having a sibling in Canada. However, they still hvae to get the other 62 points on their own, as well as qualify under the Ministerial Instructions. If he is a dental technician, he can get a job offer and that will open the door for him.
Ah, yes, well,....my mistake.......now I remember going through this as an option but not the bit about it not being possible!!
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

Thanks David, the up-to-date situation is this, that my son(UK) is planning to make a visit to BC in November to possibly visit some Labs, also visit BCIT(BC Institute of Technology), he has been told that he will need to be evaluated for International Status. I think this is so he can be recognised as a RDT (registered dental technician) in Canada, but first they have to evaluate his qualifications/credentials ? Like you say, a job offer would be the answer !!
Old Oct 4th 2009, 2:40 am
Lawyer

Joner, like I said, tell your son to e-mail me. (I am not going to charge him fees! ) I will just give him the names of the labs I know that are looking for international hires. Also, tell him not to fuss about the RDT thing. There s a loophole.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

dentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud of

i am a dental technician here in canada . 30 years and a lab owner in the uk , i had at least 6 interviews and came out here to attend them , got a job offer and here i am
interviewed march o6
applied for work visa's ect moved in sept 06
permanent resident by nov 07

no hassles , we just had to prove they needed me here , could not find any one else here and pass the medicals. people like technicians get fast tracked or they did !.

everyones circumstance is different and times change , persue the work permit aspect , get an interview then a job and take it from there
Old Oct 4th 2009, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

dentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud of

Joner, like I said, tell your son to e-mail me. (I am not going to charge him fees! ) I will just give him the names of the labs I know that are looking for international hires. Also, tell him not to fuss about the RDT thing. There s a loophole.
hi

i was a rdt in uk for 30 years but they have said i have to go back to college for an exam , is this correct and secondly it is expensive.

my rdt in the uk lapsed in 2007 as i could not stay registered under the new rules

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.