Advice on moving to canada

Old Jul 27th 2012, 3:24 am
Just Joined

Dee S is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on moving to canada

Hi, I am irish aged 42. My wife is also irish. We have 4 children ages 13, 12, 10 and 7. We currently live in France. Both my wife and I have some french but the children are completely bi-lingual now. We own a beef farm in France but are hoping to finally realise our dream and relocate to Canada. I have many years construction experience and ran my own Planthire and Civil Engineering works in Ireland. I have lots of experience in operating excavators, dumpers, etc. We were thinking of Edmonton because I believe that there is lots of work available. We are not ready for surburbian life and would ideally like to buy a house with an acre or 2. Can you please advise on places I should consider because I am planning on going on a fact finding visit but will only have a week maximum and need to make the most of it. Many thanks.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 3:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on moving to canada

You might want to consider other areas of Canada as well. Most provinces have PNP programmes that a lot use to get to Canada as they dont qualify in other categories. You are currently operating a beef farm. Lots of Irish and UK farmers have made the move doing farming some did well others not as much.
http://www.canadavisa.com/provincial...n-program.html
Old Jul 27th 2012, 6:46 am
Just Joined

Dee S is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. We are not actually moving to farm. We just want regular jobs so that we can have our time off with the children and get out and do things with them. We are so tied to the farm here it is impossible to get a holiday as a family.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dee S
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. We are not actually moving to farm. We just want regular jobs so that we can have our time off with the children and get out and do things with them. We are so tied to the farm here it is impossible to get a holiday as a family.
not that I want to convince you to farm...but beef farming is way more relaxed here than in Europe. Animals are out in the pasture whole year round, only busy times in the year is calving season (and even there, we chose black angus cows, as they are known for their easy calving, so we barely ever have to worry) and making hay for the winter time.

not easy to live from it though (saying is that "every successful rancher has a wife that works in town) .

as I see it, your only chance at the moment is to start of with a WP ...which I don't know how good chances are in AB to get...or look into the different PNP programs. Lot of areas are desperate for good ppl in the construction area...don't limit yourself to lil texas
Old Jul 27th 2012, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

there will be a job fair on the weekend around the 6th of October in Dublin, MB employers will be there and the MPNP officers...I have been told

Originally Posted by Dee S
Hi, I am irish aged 42. My wife is also irish. We have 4 children ages 13, 12, 10 and 7. We currently live in France. Both my wife and I have some french but the children are completely bi-lingual now. We own a beef farm in France but are hoping to finally realise our dream and relocate to Canada. I have many years construction experience and ran my own Planthire and Civil Engineering works in Ireland. I have lots of experience in operating excavators, dumpers, etc. We were thinking of Edmonton because I believe that there is lots of work available. We are not ready for surburbian life and would ideally like to buy a house with an acre or 2. Can you please advise on places I should consider because I am planning on going on a fact finding visit but will only have a week maximum and need to make the most of it. Many thanks.